Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fatcat

C63 AMG's

142 posts in this topic

"She" was under a silk cover when we arrived (we may have driven pass last night too to sneak a peek!) ......... one word "awesome" :D :D

"She" was under a silk cover...

Hmm, is that what could be classed as "too much information"? :P

As a nod to your new arrival I had a mooch around AMG in Edinburgh yesterday. The C63 looks like a lovely bit of kit outside especially up close although the interior is quite chromed. I'd assume through options you could tone that down.

Seats were bloody lovely, felt far more supportive than those in the M3. They also had another coupe with nostrils in the bonnet and suede steering wheel. It wasn't a Black; is it some sort of power model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free the Squirrels from their shackles.

As a nod to your new arrival I had a mooch around AMG in Edinburgh yesterday. The C63 looks like a lovely bit of kit outside especially up close although the interior is quite chromed. I'd assume through options you could tone that down.

Seats were bloody lovely, felt far more supportive than those in the M3. They also had another coupe with nostrils in the bonnet and suede steering wheel. It wasn't a Black; is it some sort of power model?

They do a "507 Edition"... for just TEN GRAND you get the bonnet nostrils, 19" alloys, upgraded front disks, suede bits and 507bhp

Bargain. Can't believe you didn't tick that box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free the Squirrels from their shackles.

Very nice Rich. What's an oil service set you back ?

£265 for Service A but they'll knock over £100 if you supply oil

£265 for Service A but they'll knock over £100 if you supply oil

Could be worse... should take me 18 months to do the miles for the first service (apart from the complimentary 1,800m LSD oil change)

We took out the BMW service included on both cars. The Unlimited mileage and 5 years thingy. Remarkably good value and a bit of a no brainer in my opinion.

Yeah, I gave the MB dealership a real hard time over this. We have it on the X5 and for the money it's fantastic value

Can you buy a 5 year service pack on performance models? I personally haven't seem any offered on AMG's or M cars.

Can you buy a 5 year service pack on performance models? I personally haven't seem any offered on AMG's or M cars.

You can with a BMW. Merc don't offer anything, on any model

Yup, all models, all variants.

£1,000 for an M3, M5 and M6 - for 5 years

Yup, all models, all variants.

£1,000 for an M3, M5 and M6 - for 5 years

Good value then. About 3 services in that time period?

I guess it depends how many miles you do, because they're very rigid on not doing services early.

You can with a BMW. Merc don't offer anything, on any model

MB do offer service plans but I don't think you can pay for them up-front; they tried to sell me one for the E class I bought in 2011. There was only a monthly payment option I think, and only equivalent to the 'basic' BMW pack, not the one including consumables. It wasn't cheap and I didn't buy it; nowhere near such a good deal as the BMW package:

Mercedes-Benz UK - Service Care - Rates

That link indicates an AMG option is available, but dont expect it to be cheap!!

I guess it depends how many miles you do, because they're very rigid on not doing services early.

I think that would annoy me intensely after a couple of years I think; I remember how, as it got older, my old E61 535d (I'm sure using an earlier version of CBC or whatever BMW call it) would ask for dealer attention for various things with increasing frequency, and never all due at the same time. I'd always get everything that needed doing done when the car was booked in - no way did I want separate visits for brakes, oil service, filters or whatever!

Having said that the 520d is 18 months old and still says 6k miles before it needs attention, so it's not all bad! Though at that rate it'll only need 2 services in 5 years - the third will fall outside the 5 year service plan at my current mileage...

Could be worse... should take me 18 months to do the miles for the first service (apart from the complimentary 1,800m LSD oil change)

Service completed. MB Brooklands were fantastic, way better than my local dealership. So the price came in at £151 with me supplying oil. Costco Mobil 1 is £6 a litre so with 8.5 litres, oil cost was £51 compared to the £114 they knocked off the standard all inclusive service charge. I can't remember the last time I paid £200 in total for a car service !

Hahahaha - I remember that well ;)

MB do offer service plans but I don't think you can pay for them up-front; they tried to sell me one for the E class I bought in 2011. There was only a monthly payment option I think, and only equivalent to the 'basic' BMW pack, not the one including consumables. It wasn't cheap and I didn't buy it; nowhere near such a good deal as the BMW package:

Mercedes-Benz UK - Service Care - Rates

That link indicates an AMG option is available, but dont expect it to be cheap!!

MB Oz offer Silver and Platinum service plans, but if you have an AMG you only are able to get the silver... They seem to be set up for vehicles under lease or finance, rather than people who know what they are doing.

Mercedes do some good plans for Taxis, so just get your car licensed and ask them for the taxi service plans!

You'll save on the congestion charge too!

Service completed. MB Brooklands were fantastic, way better than my local dealership. So the price came in at £151 with me supplying oil. Costco Mobil 1 is £6 a litre so with 8.5 litres, oil cost was £51 compared to the £114 they knocked off the standard all inclusive service charge. I can't remember the last time I paid £200 in total for a car service !

How long were you in there ? I might use them too, nice drive out there :)

How long were you in there ? I might use them too, nice drive out there :)

I was there for 3 hours, knew it was going to be that long but didn't mind, did some work and had a look around the museum / showroom. I would highly reccomend them. I found out afterwards that it's a different customer care team that look after AMG, S Class and Maybach clients, although I don't think they advertise this. This certainly isn't the norm in your average Merc dealer.

1 person likes this

I think I'll drop them a line when the LSD needs it's 1,800 oil change then, thanks

Loving AMG mode, and then Sport mode on top of that...

Fluid temperature is shown in blue until it gets to operating temp., and the whole centre display flashing red just as you up shift before hitting the limiter in manual mode (how else would you drive it?). The noise isn't too bad either. +++

Not too sure about the intelligent light system though, as a couple of times it has prevented me using high beam on some gnarly twisties at night. I can turn it off from the dash display though, so will experiment further when the running in is done.

Oh, and in the wet at night in manual (ESP firmly ON) it will try to kill you on sharp bends, and not even a hint of an apology when you don't let it... :eclipse: Once I feel suitablly suicidal, and it happens to be wet, I'll try it agin in Sport then ESP "off"...

1 person likes this

Glad you're loving it Rachel, it's a really great car.

Mine clicked over the 1,000 mile run-in period this week (that I'd been sticking too rigorously of course!) and I've been stretching it's legs a bit more.

Really properly impressed, so much more capable than I was expecting. Was pouring down this morning and in SPORT MODE (like BMW's MDM mode) and the 'box in S+ it WILL try and kill you, then try a bit more, then just when you think fcuk I'm dead it resists and puts the back-end where it should be. . . HUGE fun !

Love the crackle and pops on over-run in S, S+ & M. Tried Race Start but fluffed it as i'd switch traction off fully....... so ended up doing a 20yd rolling burn-out instead.

I do wish you could change the damper settings separately to the gearbox/throttle settings... the UK roads are pretty poor and I'd just like it in the soft damper setting 24/7. Something you could/can do on the M-Cars.

Rear tyres........... well......... I think they are going to be a consumable !