[4X4] Rear side airbags

8. Glass

[VW1] Privacy glass

Colours

Interior Trim Colours - Seats/Dashboard/Carpet/Headliner

[uB] black-rock grey/black/black/black

Exterior colours (solid)

[T9T9] Ibis White

It's my dealers demo & I'm chuffed with the deal they have done me. Just kinda shocked that I've landed it, all of about 12 months sooner than I planned for.

post-2160-137914501818_thumb.jpg

post-2160-137914501816_thumb.jpg

How things?

child doing ok?

av world good?

fuel card in hand?

denial of excessive speed rescinded?

You have been missed, I hope this isn't a passing visit.

Virtual man hug and a dead arm :grin:

Thanks Chri5,

all pretty good. Life has been a roller-coaster of late, but I'm looking at it all with rose tinted glasses. Kids all ok (I now have three), AV world pretty good (I now have my own Co.) Fuel card - on order! Speed denial........ I'll come back to you n that. Going from 2.0 tdi to V8 FSI is going to be interesting.....

Not planning on it being a passing visit. Life is hectic, but I'll be back & forth now & then.

;)

Hey Sam,

god only knows, I've pretty much forgotten how this thing works, so I'll be pretty damned useless if I am till a mod!! From what I've heard you need to change that sig...... :P

+++

Well welcome back , not many of us old boys left ! :)

And that rs looks lovely, I've heard a lot of good things about them .

Looks good. :cool:

The one option I'm jealous of is Hill Hold Assist as they didn't do it on cars with Stop/Start when I got my A4 :(

Just one thing about tints with the dipping mirrors - since the sensor (shared for interior dip and wing mirrors) is on the interior mirror, the tints stop some light getting to it. This means the wing mirrors don't dip as early on cars without tints (it also delays the interior dip but that's fine as you've less light in the your eyes due to the tints). I queried this with Audi to see if it could be adjusted but it can't. They gave me a full refund for the folding/dipping wing mirrors :)

Plenty of VCDS (formally VAG-COM) tweaks for you to play with ;)

Hello stranger

Nice to have you back and congrats on the RS4.

Glad to hear you're doing well.

Still see JT?

Yes, still see JT. He's quite old now, lives in the country, drives a tractor & is going greyer by the day. His tractor is there for two reasons, one, to plough the field behind his handsome pile & 2, to carry his fat ar$e around Surrey.....

I'll tell him you're alive & asking after him.

+++

• Like 1

Looks good. :cool:

Just one thing about tints with the dipping mirrors - since the sensor (shared for interior dip and wing mirrors) is on the interior mirror, the tints stop some light getting to it. This means the wing mirrors don't dip as early on cars without tints (it also delays the interior dip but that's fine as you've less light in the your eyes due to the tints). I queried this with Audi to see if it could be adjusted but it can't. They gave me a full refund for the folding/dipping wing mirrors :)

Plenty of VCDS (formally VAG-COM) tweaks for you to play with ;)

Interested in those VCDS tweaks..... will PM you... Don't think I can argue re the dimming mirrors, seeing as I didn't spec it. It was over the spec I wanted anyway (well, sort of - more to do with my plan of getting is reduced tbh) but you never know, you don't ask, you don't get...

Don't think we have, looks like you joined just as I started driving a van & focused on other things for a while.

Most of the things I wanted are there, I guess the one I would have liked was the Sport Exhaust (if it's worth it?). You would have thought sports pack would have been ticked instead really eh! Anyway, an after market Milltek or similar can always be added.... ;)

Saw 'Smudge' post on 246 so came on here to check it was you!! +++

Exhaust wise, just get MRC or similar to weld straight through pipes in place of the factory centre boxes if you want a bit more V8 meaty goodness!

Looks great with optics and none of the alu shite on the front and rear bumpers - ditching the alu mirrors for black or body colour a simple swap

49088d1376334529-knock-knock-can-i-come-please-rs4-pic.jpg

Yes, still see JT. He's quite old now, lives in the country, drives a tractor & is going greyer by the day. His tractor is there for two reasons, one, to plough the field behind his handsome pile & 2, to carry his fat ar$e around Surrey.....

I'll tell him you're alive & asking after him.

+++

Nice to see that you two have the same level of respect for one another that you always did :grin:+++