A special Ferrari

Woppum

458 Speciale - Official site

Love the wheels and the idea of better performance but in reality I feel this is over designed and lacks any style. Looks like an AP f1 carbon disco Taj Mahal and sadly I don't think even speccing in black will help. Inside they have sadly stripped the cabin. Now it has what looks like no mats, no glovebox and what's that silly carbon sculpture protruding from the centre console. I reserve judgment until I go to the viewing but not really my cup of tea.

Is this the end of the line run out model? If so, it should have been fairly obvious it was coming a la 360 CS / 430 Scuderia. Remove some weight, add some useful (and useless) design and performance flourishes and then tag it with a unique moniker that adds approx 20% to the price of the standard model.

Limited run of about 4 of them, all sold before the junior designer has finished colouring it in.

Voila. Espethial.

This Special looks like a sleeper to me; it is hardly any different to my eye than the original car.

Just looked at the Fiorano lap times - amazing how yesterdays hypercars are trounced by todays special editions. Enzo is over a second slower than this thing. La Ferrari is about 4s ahead at the moment, but not even that far infront of the F12.

Edit - being a bit boring, and hungover, I have done a projection of the times for the baby Ferraris round Fiorano and given the current trend is pretty much linearly downward (348, 355, 430, 458), in 20 model's time you can expect to lap Fiorano in less than 10s.

Edited by Andrew

In fact, and I realise I'm taking this too far, the current trend downwards of lap times for the small Ferrari will mean in 20 model's time of the hypercars (F40, 50, Enzo and La F) you will be slower round Fiorano than the small Ferrari.

I saw JK's Enzo once. It was so small, was shocked it was so little.

The lads (brothers I think) from DK Engineering were at LeMans this year with a grey Enzo and a black 430 16M, the Enzo looked so small and awkward it took me looking at the taxdisc before I believed it was legit.

They then proceeded to do burnouts along Arnage in both cars!!!