Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darkspin

Help needed for Front Brake Discs and Pads

3 posts in this topic

Hi All, I did a search before posting this but could not find (easily) any posts on A5 discs and breaks.

I took the car in for its service today at an Audi dealer and was told that the front discs and pads need doing and will cost £269. I want to see if I bought the parts and got it fitted elsewhere how the cost would compare with the dealer price so was hoping if anyone can give me the part numbers of the discs and pads or better yet a price for the parts.

If it helps I have a A5 1.8T 2009 model

Thanks in advance.

Your best bet might be to find a decent VAG independent to do the work. The hourly rate will be half of the Audi dealer.

Also, have a look on eBay for the brake parts. A shop called Murray's in Hatfield sell new parts for VAG cars and have an eBay shop. +++

The fixed servicing prices for discs and pads are pretty good from Audi. You might be able to save a tiny bit sourcing OEM parts and having someone else fit them as Cruiser mentions, but any saving would be minimal. The only real saving would be generic parts from GSF / ECP etc. Just don't pay near OEM money for non Audi stamped parts. Edited to add - another option would be to phone to Audi and say you have been quoted 240 elsewhere using OEM parts, ie 10% cheaper, will you match, as the car is already in their workshop they might accept.

You must have done a decent mileage in your 2009 1.8 litre to need front brakes already!

Edited by Ian_C