BMW 1M at the Big M in a....

NewNiceMrMe

Here's a thing though, just because there isn't a blue badge doesn't necessarily mean the driver (or passenger) isn't disabled, or aren't allowed to park there.

If there is a sign that says 'Blue Badge holders only' then yes, but if it simply says 'Disabled Parking' then you don't need a blue badge.

Obviously I wouldn't condone anyone parking in any kind of disabled spaces unless they need it, but it's not always as cut and dry as it looks.

He could have a broken ankle for example, no blue badge but still something that would be considered disabling, and so long as it's an auto and it's his left ankle, he should be ok to drive and park in a non blue badge disabled bay.

Meant to say I don't doubt you are correct, but sometimes it's nice to give people the benefit of the doubt.

If it had just been a cooking spec 1'er I doubt you'd have even noticed it, that's the trouble with desirable cars, or cars that stand out due to colour etc, it's one reason I don't run my private plate on the taxi, it's too easy for people to remember it if I cut them up or make a U turn in front of them without indicating!

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a thing though, just because there isn't a blue badge doesn't necessarily mean the driver (or passenger) isn't disabled, or aren't allowed to park there.

If there is a sign that says 'Blue Badge holders only' then yes, but if it simply says 'Disabled Parking' then you don't need a blue badge.

Obviously I wouldn't condone anyone parking in any kind of disabled spaces unless they need it, but it's not always as cut and dry as it looks.

He could have a broken ankle for example, no blue badge but still something that would be considered disabling, and so long as it's an auto and it's his left ankle, he should be ok to drive and park in a non blue badge disabled bay.

The m1 only comes with a manual gearbox. Can you drive a manual if you are disabled ?

Very nice and sounded loud (11yr olds description)

I may be wrong but unless it is like any other turbo charged car I have ever been in, I doubt it is loud :(

I really do hope I'm wrong. News from a mate of a mate tat knows a guy says there will be a csl version too. :)

Edited by Woppum
  • Like 1