Yesterday was a good day !

Biscuits

As you will all be aware (as I've been banging on about it for so long!) I've had a C63 Coupe on order. Well, yesterday was collection day and we both had such a fantastic time.

8:15am and we arrived to a red carpet and a car under a silver cloth cover.

2013-09-07%2008.21.20.jpg

Trying not to giggle too much like kids we did the boring stuff and then went through all the systems. It's all fairly similar to what we've been used to in the BM's, just a different set of buttons and layouts to get used too.

The electronics are actually pretty advanced. I always thought Merc were behind the likes of BM and Audi, but there's some very clever stuff on-board... and all but active cruise and lane departure warning stuff is standard on this model.

Had a quick peek under the bonnet to see which German technician hand built the engine

2013-09-07%2016.10.48.jpg

Then it was all down to getting it out the showroom and taking it home. OH MY GOODNESS ! I'd forgotten just how glorious the car sounds... Here's a link to see the clip, I'll leave it up for a while but as it has the number plate I'll remove shortly.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/825334/TSN/C63/2013-09-07%2013.45.16.mov

I'm over the moon. It drives every bit a good as I'd hoped, the colour combination work and looks fantastic... yes... I'm one very happy chappy!

2013-09-07%2011.00.46.jpg

2013-09-07%2011.01.46.jpg

2013-09-07%2011.00.15.jpg

• Like 1

Oh my God. That engine noise is the bollox! Well done Mercedes for still making such a crazy, mad, outrageous engine like that. And well done for buying it. I would just drive it and drive it and drive it. Tunnels here you come. Congratulations.

That's why my Land Rover has a black interior.

But I had just spent six years with a BMW Platinum full leather interior, which was lovely and light and airy, and well worth the effort of scrubbing it regularly. The Disco has a lot more natural light than a 5, though, so can cope with the black. If I had bought another saloon car then it would probably have been different.