Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smudge

918 Spyder laps the ring in 6mins 57 secs.

7 posts in this topic

So quicker than a 599XX. That is fairly quick I suppose.

It's amazing how fast this dark horse has been. The Mclaren has only managed an unofficial 7.04 so far. A car which is more powerful, lighter and far better aero. This Porsche is so appealing. An everyday Supercar that's almost as fast as a radical around the ring but could do 100k miles easily. Know someone who has driven it, fell in love and got it on order. If I was mad enough this would probably be my ultimate.

It does say very good things about the 960 though out in a couple of years, however that will be rivalling the new 458. Which will be very interesting.

I thought the Mclaren P1 was on for a time of 6.33 ish from what I'd read and the 7.04 time wasn't full on at all. The Pagani Zonda has done 6.47 hasn't it.

I thought the Mclaren P1 was on for a time of 6.33 ish from what I'd read and the 7.04 time wasn't full on at all. The Pagani Zonda has done 6.47 hasn't it.

6.33 is a rumour and never validated from around may. Very recently the p1 has been testing, 2 days in a row, and the best time recorded by sneaky geeks was 7.04.

zonda in road going state is no way near these times.

Ah ok, a quick google suggests its Mclarens target, the Zonda was for a slick shed car I think.

I take it the Porsche had road tyres on then?