shao_khan

Golf R cab

27 posts in this topic

New 63 plate in Kingston Tesco, MK.

Is this the rarest spot ever?

1 person likes this

I got my phone out to take one but forecourt told me off for using a phone over the tannoy it was really embarrassing everyone looked at me.

2 people like this

Probably because you were pointing and shouting IT'S A GOLF R CABRIOLET" like a madman

I had a similar experience that time I saw a Unicorn:-)

I got my phone out to take one but forecourt told me off for using a phone over the tannoy it was really embarrassing everyone looked at me.

It's because you can blow the whole place up - didn't you know that?   Just one spark from the phone and the station would just burst into flames.... :D

That's nothing, I got a bollocking over the tannoy at the Morrisons filling station for leaving my door open while I filled up, I've still got no idea why.

Because the errr

errrrr

ummmmm

oh, fuel filler might just slip out of your hand, fall into the open door where your passenger/wife/kids are, on their mobiles I might add and the mobiles might sparked like a firework and the fuel vapours would just burst into flames.

See, how easy it could happen? :D

Tipex....it has been know for people to fill up and make a quick getaway with the door being open in order to be able to make a fast exit. Everytime I do this in London, you are constantly looked at with suspicion. Worse, if you have your engine running at the same time.

Tipex....it has been know for people to fill up and make a quick getaway with the door being open in order to be able to make a fast exit. Everytime I do this in London, you are constantly looked at with suspicion. Worse, if you have your engine running at the same time.

Well, if you will wear a balaclava all the time....

So if you drive a Cab, do you have to keep the roof up?  :blink:

What happened to the good old days when some oily bloke smoking a fag would fill up one's car for one while one sat back with one's roof down and puffed on one's pipe?

Tipex....it has been know for people to fill up and make a quick getaway with the door being open in order to be able to make a fast exit. Everytime I do this in London, you are constantly looked at with suspicion. Worse, if you have your engine running at the same time.

Fair point, however, they don't really need a quick getaway as no one would ever attempt to stop them anyway?

The phone thing is more to do with users not concentrating on what they're doing and spilling fuel all over themselves than anything else.

Of course, most people who do this, then blame the retailer for having a faulty pump.

Fair point, however, they don't really need a quick getaway as no one would ever attempt to stop them anyway?

You'd be surprised... A BP manager was put in intensive care trying to stop one a few weeks ago.

Saw a silver Golf r cab this morning, 13 plate in Bradford.

Looked nice.

Your spotting skills are getting better.

Put the roof down and you have a Golf pickup +++

If the car belonged to someone and not a demo, the salesperson deserves a medal :grin:

1 person likes this

Why.  Oh why.  Oh why oh why - would you buy a Golf R?  :wacko:

It's the modern-day equivalent of a Chavalier SRi convertible.

1 person likes this

This sort of breaks the rules, the number plate is the spot- guess which team the owner supports?

post-5924-0-24515900-1386327709_thumb.jp

Edited by Calm Chris

Deleted duplicate post

Edited by Calm Chris