Football results today

Luke

7 hours ago, Booster said:

Very happy! It works out even better as we are on holiday for the away leg and here for the home match. Was panicking it was going to be the other way round!

You're happy at being drawn to play the team that got to the final last year and only lost on penalties to Real Madrid?  :roflmao:

Okay. :roflmao:

I was hoping we got Lyon or anyone but Anderlecht or Genk.  The sooner we're out of this bollocks competition, the better.

2 hours ago, NewNiceMrMe said:

You're happy at being drawn to play the team that got to the final last year and only lost on penalties to Real Madrid?  :roflmao:

Okay. :roflmao:

I was hoping we got Lyon or anyone but Anderlecht or Genk.  The sooner we're out of this bollocks competition, the better.

Yes. Looking at who it could have been and current form it is the best it could be. We have an old score to settle with them anyway from our last foray into Europe! 

Who the hell would realistically want to play any of them? Looking at how Monaco played against Man City it would be like us playing against us! That would be nailed on penalties! 

if we can get through the away leg without too many yellow cards from their diving, we can beat them at the King Power.  

I think Athletico was just about the worst draw you could get.

Masters of defence.  I think they'll win home and away, and heavily.  Juventus would have been a good chance of success for Leicester.  Dortmund too.

I think Monaco could make the final this year.  As long as Barcelona don't, I don't really care.  They should be getting thrown out of the competition or forced to replay PSG, but it won't happen.

On 04/11/2016 at 3:19 PM, Calm Chris said:

Are Man Utd trying get out the Europa league to concentrate on the Premier league and get a place in next years Champions league

Another stunning performance by the red has-beens from Manchester.

Jose showing his class by talking to the press and not his players. Last time I looked he was 4/5 to be the next PL manager sacked.

I thought Spurs held the record for the most managers pushed out over a decade period. Are Man Utd thinking there is a trophy for the most managers pushed out, or the most money spent without actually improving the teams performance :)

Never mind, once upon a time....

Where's Chri5 (or Calm Chris as he is known now) when it is time for a little stroll back to 4th November 2016...? 

Europa League - Quarter-finals
League Cup - won
Premier League - 5th (and they'll get top 4)

But, adding to the minor (and it is) trophy won and the European progress (not that I care about that competition), there are a few other little gems...

1.  They're now above Arsenal in the Premier League. ;)
2.  Managers being pushed out - that was mentioned in the quote above.  Ummmmm.  :uhoh:
3.  Spurs, your nemesis, are making you look very silly as a team :rolleyes:
4.  Humiliated, and it was, in the CL, 10-2.  10 fecking 2.  Did Arsenal think it was a "Telling the time" lesson? :blink:

So, I just wanted to say, as you said it and it is 13 years since you won the league.....

"Never mind, once upon a time". :grin:

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of things...

1.  Dortmund being made to play tonight was appalling.  A bomb hits your bus, a player is injured, and they think 24 hours is sufficient time to postpone it for?  Shocking and a further inditement on UEFA.

2.  Barcelona shouldn't even be in the competition.  PSG would be through had it not been for some quite disgraceful refereeing in the last tie.  Don't be surprised to see more on it at the Nou Camp.  

3.  Leicester City - what do you have to do to get a referee to make a good decision these days?  That was never a penalty and was clearly outside the area.  I fear Atletico will score away from home and that'll be enough even if Leicester win.  I thought City were poor tonight and Atletico clearly know their counter attacking danger and nullified it.  That said, as Bob says, they're still in the tie and I wouldn't rule out another amazing result in the return leg!

Agreed on all points MrMe and Bob. 

Shocking referee decisions. Not just the penalty. Anything 50/50 didn't go our way. 

We will really miss Huth in the return leg. 

Inspired decisions by Shakey re the substitutions and also shutting down Greismann. 

All to play for next Tuesday. 

+++

I'm still not convinced about Griezmann.  I know United are being heavily linked with a huge bid for him if they can't pull off the ludicrous transfer of Neymar.  I hope neither of them join.

However, that young fella Mbappe that plays for Monaco....what a player he is.  There will be an almighty battle for his signature soon and it will be very big money.

The Doors are one of my favourite bands. Jim Morrison's biography is one of my favourite books. 

Very appropriate! 

Robbed by a dodgy penalty in the first leg. 

Great performance tonight apart from letting in a weak goal. 

I genuinely feel deflated. 

Back to the business of just staying up in the Premier League it is. 

Just for the purposes of the TSN records: 

CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND, WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE. 

+++:)

• Like 2

The dodgy penalty would only really have been a factor had Atletico not scored last night, but I get the feeling of deflation.

They did a superb job of getting to the stage they did though and certainly outshone the other English clubs in the tournament this year.

It was a poor, poor year for English clubs in the CL.  

We just need United to win the Europa Cup....

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:03 PM, garcon magnifique said:

Yeah yeah, you'll keep saying that until you have a sniff of winning it. :roflmao:

this was the better quote

• Like 1

On 18/04/2017 at 11:16 PM, Booster said:

I genuinely feel deflated. 

+++:)

Having had time to get over the defeat I'm sure you now feel very proud. If you don't yet then you will given a few more days. 

What a fantastic 2 seasons, a league win we will never see the like of for years to come, if ever. 

To follow that up with a Champions League adventure that the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd can only dream of (recent years, we don't live in the past) is something to remember for every. 

Worth remembering that since 2011/12 Chelsea are the only British team to do better than Leicester in Europe. They have progressed past the 1/4 finals twice in that time, Man City once (semis) and Man Utd have reached the 1/4s on one occasion. Arsenal only dream of going that far.

And Leicester did it on their first attempt!

Feel proud yet ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NewNiceMrMe said:

How many times have City won it, or even reached the final, Billy?  :roflmao:

He shoots, he scores.

Yeah yeah, and Liverpool have won it more than Man U and Celtic, Nottingham Forest and many more teams won it once upon a time. 

Yawn yawn yawn. 

Uruguay won the first ever World Cup so lets declare them the best on the planet and be done with it. 

There comes a point when past achievements is no longer relevant. 

Needing extra time to beat Anderlecht over two legs is probably about that time. 

How is your European venture going?

If clubs like Celtic and Notts Forest have won the European Cup, how come City with all their zillions haven't?

What about WonderPep, isn't he going to bring you the league title this year and global domination too?  Hmm.

How many league titles again?  Hmm.

You're correct United needed extra time to beat Anderlecht.  Bet you wish you'd gone into extra time against Monaco... :roflmao: