Football results today

Luke

Top 10 England midfielder?  That tells you so much about TalkSport.

On another subject though....

Louis Van Gaal starting as he means to go on - directly criticising the clubs pre-season tour, disagreeing with Woodward in public and saying he won't let them do the same amount of travel next year.

He's absolutely spot on too and I'm delighted to hear him say it.

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

• 3 weeks later...

Ah yes, we won that last year and Arsenal fans were quick to dismiss the relevance.:roflmao:

To be fair, it's a win.

However, let's not get carried away here - City were awful.

Arsenal were good, but if they think it'll be that easy against City when it really starts, then I think they could be in for quite a shock.

I still don't think Arsenal will finish in the top 3.

Our defence was awesome today, maybe that has something to do with a Man City having played so poorly there was only one really chance, that was fluffed.

Arsenal took there chances well, Giroud scored a cracker, but it means feck all in the big boy world. The positive is the confidence it may give the squad, no more meaningful that Man Utd winning that weird challenge USA thing the other week.

I suspect the Man U fans DO think this year will be different.....

It'll be very different.  We'll finish above your mob without doubt.+++

If any deluded Arsenal fans (or other clubs) don't think Manchester United will be firmly back in that top four, I think they need medical assistance. :grin:

Can you see anything other than City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Utd occupying the top 4 though??

I just don't see Liverpool doing a repeat of last season without Suarez, Southampton have sold their entire team, Everton might surprise again, and Spurs are well ... Spurs.

Can you see anything other than City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Utd occupying the top 4 though??

I just don't see Liverpool doing a repeat of last season without Suarez, Southampton have sold their entire team, Everton might surprise again, and Spurs are well ... Spurs.

No, I think you're right.

I'm sure someone will open up a predictions thread but in my view it'll be:

Chelsea

United

City

Arsenal

People can decry the value of the tournament in the USA and I agree it isn't a real acid test.  However, United never looked troubled in their victories over Real Madrid, Liverpool, Roma and Inter Milan.

I agree Liverpool won't repeat their success of last year - mainly because they're so reliant on Suarez and I don't think they've bought well.  Cavani may change that, but he's still going to need service and I don't see it happening.

S'oton will battle out a mid to low finish.  Spurs and Liverpool might finish 6th-7th.  Everton to take 5th spot.

I'm looking forward to this season, especially if United can wrap up a few more signings such as Vidal and Di Maria.   Oh and Danny Blind, I want to see him in a United shirt. 

I'm looking forward to this season, especially if United can wrap up a few more signings such as Vidal and Di Maria. Oh and Danny Blind, I want to see him in a United shirt.

Yep, I for one would love to see that retired 53 year old Danny Blind in the Utd back line.

Daley Blind, Son of Danny may be the better option though.

City have done what the they did when we last won the league. Stand still. Negredo and Dzeko should have been sold and a world class forward should have been added to replace Aguerooooooooooooo for the six months he is out injured every year. Middle of the road defensive midfielders to replace middle if the road defensive midfielders and an expensive centre back who can't get in the France team are not good enough when you see who the other teams have added.

Chelsea have to be favourites if Costa works.

Utd will be top 4 without a doubt. So city, arsenal and Liverpool will scrap for the remaining champions league place.