Football results today

Luke

Letting Negredo go and even John Guidetti was a huge mistake. It leaves us with 3 first team Strikers, Agueroooooooo, Dzeko and Jovetic.

With Aguerooooooo and Jovetic's injury record we may have conceded the league this year.

Falcao was certainly delighted when he tweeted how he was looking forward to playing for Real Madrid, the club he had his heart set on for the last 12 months.

That was on Sunday. Monday he steps off the plane in Manchester with all tweets removed.

Edit, Just read that the Guidetti move did not come off and he is still a city player.

Edited by billy2shots

Cleverley Is a dick.

All day yesterday trying to get higher wages at Everton and telling Villa he wasn't interested. Then Everton tell him to feck off so he goes back to United. Van Gaal tells him he's not going to play anywhere but in the reserves....and all of a sudden he's interested in Villa! Complete tit.

Genuinely interest in what Man U fans think about the way their club is run.

Utd fans loved to remind Chelsea and City fans that they bought their titles and Utd won theirs bringing through youth players.

Now Utd are spending huge and selling their younger home grown players.

Personally I don't think it matters a jot, and I think it has spiced up the league no end.

I have no issues with the home-grown players being sold - at least not the ones we have got rid of.

They're just not good enough.

Cleverley has under-performed for far too long. 

Welbeck just doesn't cut it either and the Arsenal fans who moved from being devastated to ecstatic over 2 Welbeck goals in an England shirt are hilarious. 

We've kept our best home-grown young striker - James Wilson.  The best at the club for his age by an absolute mile and someone you'll hear a lot more of in future.

We still have lots of home-grown talent.  However, we needed to act now.  I don't have any issues with the spending at all.  We've made good money on those that have gone out of the door and we needed to make big signings and have done.  The Falcao and Di Maria signings are excellent, the former in particular.  He will rip the division apart, in my view.  Anyone who is a fan of football will admit that if they'd got Falcao they'd have been doing the same somersaults Manchester United fans are.

The money spent is still a drop in the ocean by comparison to what has been spent elsewhere over the years. 

I applauded City when they won the league last year because they were the best team.  Regardless of money spent, they simply were. 

I think Chelsea will win it this year for the same reasons.

I can't say I like the money game, but it is what it is.  FIFA don't seem prepared to do anything 'real' about it so everyone is going to join in if they have it, and United have it.  The references to debt just don't make a good argument.  Everyone knows the club has cash (and there's still another £100m apparently) and the way the debt is structured isn't too big an issue.  Most financial analysts will tell you the same - if the club was in trouble there'd be a line of rich suitors queuing around the stadium to buy it, mostly from the UAE and Qatar.  People can talk about debt and Man United as much as they want, but it isn't a debt that is ever going to truly trouble the club because of the brand power it carries.

The way the debt is structured is not a danger to Utd as a club. However it is still debt and that's why I think financial fair play is a croc of shite.

Clubs like PSG, Monaco, City etc have balances in the black and are spending their own cash.

Clubs like Utd etc are in the red. Regardless of how easy they can service that debt, they are still in a negative balance.

Plenty of business's run like that and I have know issue with individual clubs , it's the system that should not have been out in place I don't like.

France implemented a similar rule in the 90s. Lyon were the biggest club by far at that time. They had the biggest turnover and could therefore spend the most in the transfer market.

They won the League 7 times in a row.

Financial fair play is in place to keep Europes elite clubs clear of the rest of the pack.

Financial fair play is not about how much cash or debt a club's owners choose to give it. It's about balancing the books. Balancing football income and football expenditure from year to year. It's about protecting clubs from the whims of owners.

However it's not perfect and it's implemented by a bunch of crooks, so it'll never actually serve the purpose if should.

Edited by garcon magnifique