Football results today

Luke

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else see Wenger's post match interview with Jacqui Oatley on MotD last night?

Two things immediately occur.

He has completely lost the plot.

He's a cowardly misogynist. I guarantee he wouldn't have answered MOtty in the same way.

French ****.

Edit. Sorry, that's three things. :P

Edited by garcon magnifique

I know you're supposed to stand by your manager and support him come rain or shine. But Wenger is an embarrassment these days. I cringe every time I have to watch one of his interviews. He clearly doesn't watch the same football match as the rest of the crowd and supporters. 

Gerrard did say QPR deserved to win, yes.  That's my point - why didn't Baffling Brendan say it?  The guy is a total dick.

As for Wenger, well I'll come to that later...

What matters is that Arsenal fans continue to prove themselves to be the most fickle set of supporters on the planet.  I really do mean that and it isn't targeted at Torino, Chri5, or anyone else on here.  It is at the masses. 

They prowl Twitter proclaiming they want his head - then he wins the FA Cup or has a decent first half of last season and they're all saying they think they'll win the league (or do similar) this year.  Weeks later and they want his head.  A day after that they're livid that he's signed Welbeck.  Two months later and Welbeck is the new Henry. 

I said exactly what would happen with Sanchez when he signed and he's doing it so far, having a bloody good start to the season.  So how bad is it going to get once Christmas comes and he does what he has done every year he was at Barcelona....and disappears!  That's why they sold him and they have that to come yet.

Ozil wants out (not that he's been there for the last 10 months anyway) and the fans want Wenger out with him.

Wenger is a superb manager.  His closed season signings are a thing of complete mystery though.

However, don't think for a moment he signs worse players than Baffling Brendan, because he doesn't.  I feel for Lallana because he's a bloody good player but he's never going to work well under this style of management. 

As for Balotelli, well what can you say?  Anyone who watched the Sunday Supplement on Sky this morning will have heard exactly what I did - it transpires that Manchester City were so stunned that Liverpool might want to sign Balotelli, and they felt so compelled from an ethical standpoint....that they actually contacted the club and advised them NOT to sign him.  They actually tried to help!  And the feckers still bought him!  :roflmao:

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

After Liverpool inevitably dispense with Balotelli's services at the end of the season if not sooner, where does he go from here? He's proved himself virtually un-signable for another big club. Is he that arrogant, stupid or both, to see unless he changes asap his career could be over by the time he turns 25?

I think he's all of those things and more.  There aren't many footballers that I can remember in the last few years who have thrown it all away, but he's on the verge of it.

Sadly, the only one I can think of in a similar way is Gascoigne.  However, Balotelli doesn't have a tenth of his natural ability.

I think he's all of those things and more.  There aren't many footballers that I can remember in the last few years who have thrown it all away, but he's on the verge of it.

Sadly, the only one I can think of in a similar way is Gascoigne.  However, Balotelli doesn't have a tenth of his natural ability.