Football results today

Luke

No new offer I fear.

The bookies will be feeling a lot better about things this morning. This is going to sound bizarre considering the financial outlay of both teams but.......

I was a little disappointed in Leicester. They will never ever get a better shot at the title than they have right now. Playing against one of their title rivals and they parked the bus for the best part of an hour.

City are in awful form particularly away from home having now scored 2 goals from their last 6 away games. Players are out injured, just returning from injury or hideously out of form.

City were their for the taking and Leicester didn't have the belief when they should have done.

Last night they looked like a team towards the bottom of the league happy to take a point off one of the bigger teams.

Like I said that's going to sound really harsh considering how brilliantly Leicester have done for half a season but the reality is they are in with a shout and if you swapped the name for any of the other perennial title contenders, Arsenal, Chelsea or Utd, would one of those sides miss the opportunity to take points off a stumbling rival.

Ranieri should have stuck with 4-4-2. It's been unbelievably effective for them so don't bottle it now when you need to believe in your conviction the most. The last 30 minutes the Foxes looked so much better against a wobbly city defence but it was too late.

At the sharp end of the season when squeaky bum time approaches, it becomes about mentality and belief as bunch as physical quality.

Last night was very revealing and the bookies would have slept a little better imo.

Leicester didn't change the style of play that has brought them this far though.  Defend well, hit on the break.

Nor do I think City were there for the taking.  Coming off the back of a big win you weren't in the poor form you say you are!

I also don't think Leciester looked like a small/lower team desperate for a point!  I didn't see that at all.  I thought both teams had their chances and both could have won it.  I certainly wouldn't say one had a better game than the other.

I'll flip the argument and say City should have gone there like a top 4 team ready to take lambs to the slaughter.  They didn't, so if anything City failed a lot more than Leicester did!

I thought it was a half decent match with both teams playing to their strengths. 

Oh and Fernandinho and Mangala were both lucky to stay on the pitch after their effort on Mahrez.  Mangala is a liability.  How much was he?  50p?  Over-priced.

Didn't mention style of play NNMM I said formation.

Not in bad form?????

Scroll down to away form then tell me City are not in bad form away from the Etihad or were not there for the taking.

http://m.premierleague.com/en-gb/form-guide.html

These games can not be taken on face value, it's not the beginning of the season anymore. Games like Leicester v City or Bournemouth v Man U or Chelsea v Anyone are not obvious results.

Instead you have to look at the bigger picture and as I said City with their poor away form were there for the taking having scored 1 goal in the last 5 away matches or 2 in the last 6. Add to that being forced to flog the same 13 first team players week in week out and Leicester missed a great opportunity to put some distance between the two clubs.

Going into your shell against your closest rivals is not league winning quality and just backs up my felling that Leicester will not be there come May.

A top 6 finish will be outstanding from them and the excitement that the fans have been given will live long in their memories.

I still see them as plucky over achievers but the whole country has gone mad talking about them as genuine title contenders.

So where do we stand? Praise the spirit of little old Leicester for taking a point off the mighty city or consider all the facts and see that 2 points escaped their grasp last night.

Edited by billy2shots

You've been inconsistent but not in bad form.  You trounced Sunderland and were unlucky to lose at Arsenal.

Prior to that, you easily beat Swansea and Borussia Monchengladbach.  This was your 7th game in December.  You'd lost 2 and won 4 prior to it.  That can't be described as bad form.

Your away hasn't been great, I agree, but I still don't think that counts for a great deal in these matches.

I still don't think the went into their shells either.  I think that ignores the fact that they had 4 shots on target to your 5.  I think you're being very harsh indeed on them.

I really do think you are massively under estimating their ability too.  Almost offensively so (to them, not to me).  The country is talking about them because they are there by right and not through luck - and in Mahrez they have probably got the best player in the league this season. 

I honestly think Billy is trying to draw attention away from the fact that they really should have won or at least made a better fist of it.

Vardy had the best chance by far; Ranieri brought on a 2nd striker late on so hardly circling the wagon.

Leicester also had the mental challenge of their first game without scoring and the 2nd loss of the seaspon to boot against us

I would consider 18th the on away form guide, 3 defeats and 3 draws only scoring 2 goals in those 6 games as hopeless away form not inconsistent.

NNMM you are inconsistent in your views as last week you presented stats to back up your argument on why Arsenal were lucky against City so let's take a look at last nights stats

Possession

City 61%

Shots

City 21

Leicester 11

Corners

City 13

Leicester 1

So on your very own sliding scale of who deserves to win a football match im a little confused with why Arsenal were lucky but Leicester were not.

I don't feel as though I'm being harsh on Leicester or being offensive to them. Just because I'm certain they will not be there at the end of the season doesn't mean I don't have huge admiration for what they are doing.

Personally for the final 1/4 of last season and the first 1/2 of this, I would have given them the BBC team sports award of the year. Anywhere in the top 6 and Ranieri deserves the manager of the year award too.

All title contenders have their every move scrutinised and if Leicester really are to be considered title contenders then given all the facts they should have stuck to 4-4-2 and taken 3 points off of a shakey away team (regardless of the away teams name).

Edited by billy2shots

my 7 year old nephew was an ardent Chelsea fan and even insisted on a shirt for his birthday earlier this year and blue was his favourite colour.

He came to spend a week yesterday and informed me chelsea are now rubbish so his favourite colour is red and he supports Arsenal :roflmao:

Is he called Chris? :roflmao:

my 7 year old nephew was an ardent Chelsea fan and even insisted on a shirt for his birthday earlier this year and blue was his favourite colour.

He came to spend a week yesterday and informed me chelsea are now rubbish so his favourite colour is red and he supports Arsenal :roflmao:

Lol, sounds like every Man U fan I've ever met, a less loyal bunch you'll never meet, no one at school supported them until they started winning.

Ozil is being touted as player of the year, 16 goals or assists, anyone doing any better?

Lol, sounds like every Man U fan I've ever met, a less loyal bunch you'll never meet, no one at school supported them until they started winning.

Ozil is being touted as player of the year, 16 goals or assists, anyone doing any better?

Oh no, I was referring to an Arsenal fan who wasn't an Arsenal fan to begin with. :roflmao::bike:

Ozil-

Goals 5

Assists 16

Successful pass 87%

24 games

Mahrez

Goals 14

Assists 7

Successful pass 72%

18 games

Rooney

Goals 5

Assists 1

Successful pass 82%

19 games

Vardy

Goals 15

Assists 3

Successful pass 64%

19 games

Ozil Premier League titles = 0

Ozil Champions League titles with Arsenal = 0

You'll be able to copy and paste this for the next 5 years too.

Assists look shit in a trophy cabinet. :roflmao:

Oh and if nobody has guessed yet, I'd like to see Leicester win the league.

Arsenal won't anyway, because they're Arsenal, but City are a threat to them.

I'm also intrigued that nobody is mentioning Spurs.  They're on a very good run and whilst I don't think they'll win it, I do think there is an opportunity for almost anyone to grab.

Forget United, we'll be lucky to stay in the premiership at this rate.