Football results today

Luke

To be fair Moyes has allegedly been out since about November.

If anything I would be disappointed in this 3-game bollox.

If they wanted to be reactionary, Sunday was a good excuse.

To be fair tomorrow and potentially getting thumped by City provide similar excuses but why wait if that was the intention?

I think United should ride it out until Summer to take stock.

There will be a big clearout of deadwood and that may or may not include the manager.

Depending on what has gone on in the backoffice they should give him a[nother] season to see if he can hack it

I reckon SAF will go back in short term.

Ferguson will never go back.  He has said it in every single interview.  He's enjoying life away from football far too much.

If they do sack Moyes (and there is probably some truth in the '3 matches' reports - i.e. Olympiakos, West Ham and Man City results will see him sacked if they go out of the Champions League and don't take at least 3 points from the others) then there are two managers they will go for.

The first is Klopp.  They will go for him.

If they don't get him, the rumour mill amongst football journo's is that they'll make an audacious move to tempt Mourinho from Chelsea.  I don't want that and nor could I see it happening.

I don't think Jose would, Waylander.

If reports are to be believed then he would have jumped at the chance before going to Chelsea.  Some suggest he thought he was odds-on to get it too.

However, the flak he would get from Chelsea fans would be unprecedented. 

There's certainly no way he'd leave before the end of the season, and I can't see even the slimmest of chances of him joining in the summer.

An American journo who covers the MLS reckons that the Glaziers are on the edge of it now and that it is only Malcolm Glaziers trust in Ferguson's judgement that is keeping Moyes in a job.  He said that on Sunday, Bryan Glazier asked Ferguson what they should do and received the reply "are you f*cking serious". :roflmao:

I think that tells you where Ferguson stands on it, and the Glaziers are, in my opinion, likely to follow his advice and stick with Moyes.

And so they should.

I'm sure he was miffed not to get it and was openly courting them.

To be fair that Fergie comment could be interpretted either way.

His reputation is harmed by Moyes' failure too so of course he would not be keen to see him chopped, especially with bugger all to play for now. It would be a pointless exercise IMO

Sorry, it's really winding me up now. MrMe, it's spelled GLAZER.

Call yourself a fan :coffee:

If you manage to prise Klopp from Dortmund I'll be very unhappy. He's always maintained he'll honour his contracts and signed a new four year deal last summer.

I'm dreaming Wenger signs a three year extension in order to make that transition nice and easy :grin: