D3 New Front Disc/Pads Required- Any suggestions?

pat27

I need to replace the front Discs/Pads on my 2005 3.0tdi, at the moment I cant afford the Audi /Tps brands. Given that I doubt that Audi manufacture them I wondered if anyone has suggestions for a cost effective alternative ?. I am aware of brands such as Pagid, TRWand Bosch etc but I am not aware of the quality of these products.

No I use Autotechnica in Hull, they always do a good job. I have allways used Genuine Audi parts in the past, but at the moment can't justify the extra cost, so I need to know what alternative brand are good. The problem is that so many of the 'recognised' brand names have been taken over, I just dont fancy ending up with a poor quality pad / disc being fitted.

I never really liked Mintex, but took a punt on them as I got a good deal on the A8L's pads and have found them to be the same as the original Audi pads that went before them in terms of 'feel', stopping power and are still lasting well after 25,000 miles.

Check the 3 digit codes on a sticker in your tyre well and put them into an online VAG code decoder, this will list the brake sizes you have and the codes are also listed on sites such as EuroCarParts and manufacturer spec-sheets. An example code is 1LL.

post-26735-0-81562900-1380190673_thumb.p