So I'm buying an A8

Chris1d

Good evening. I'm in the process of buying an A8..I think. I've found a 2005 A8 4.0 TDI Quattro LWB that I like. I have been looking around but can't seem to find a definitive list of standard equipment for it. Also what's the difference between the 2005 and a facelift 2007?

Was dab an option? Also Bluetooth? The ad talks about a privacy handset and gsm phone?

Sorry for the questions but I can't find answers..

Good choice of car!

By 2007, the 4.0 Tdi had been changed for the 4.2 TDi. It had an extra 40 BHP and alledgedly the same torque. Not sure of the exact changes other than exterior visible bits.

Equipment list - ummmm, their were so many options, it's impossible to list. I think the Bluetooth was standard??? Works a treat, go through the TEL option on the MMI and see if it displays a PIN. IF so, you can pair up your device.

Look in the glove box for the AMI to allow you to use your phone/mp3 player for music.

Don't worry about miles. They go forever - however, find a good VAG indy, someone on here will know one near you!

Obviously, drive it and you should have not rattles/noises, and all electrics should work. Check the air suspension settings, you'll feel the car rise or lower as you play. Should be smooth and immediate.

Others will have more info, but I really love mine!!! Bought my 3.0 TDi 54 reg in March this year. Over 200K miles on it now, going well still.

My car is more or less standard.

For a 2005 car, the main things you would notice are

Standard - Heated Front Seats,  Not standard - Heated Rear Seats

Standard - Front Climate Controls  Not standard - Rear Climate Controls

Not standard - Any Bluetooth or GSM phone

Not Standard - Key-Less Entry with Touch locking on the Door Handles

Standard - Sat Nav

Not standard - HID Headlights, BOSE sound system, electric blinds

Standard - Variable Mode suspension

Not standard - Paddles on steering wheel

Hope this helps - and I'm sure others will chime in.

John

Sorry John, mine has the sports seats (I think) - look like Recaro's in all but name.  But are not heated! (d'oh!!)

I have seen a good few without the heated seats button on the climate.

Not sure if folding, heated mirrors are standard - as mine has them.

You then have a whole plethora of seating options.  Leather options and wheel options from 17" - 20"!

Edited by cruiser647