Chick

Dealer discounts .......

12 posts in this topic

So .... currently shopping around for a new car for March delivery and got a "best price, no further discount at all" figure from a dealership I took the test drive at.   From another thread on here spoke to drivethedeal.com who have just called me back with a much larger discount on the same car, spec etc which results in a tad under another 20% less per month (and double their discount on the car rrp)  to what the dealers have quoted me and only £11 over what I had I set myself as a budget.

Anyone used them?   Reckon I can haggle any more dealing direct by phone a few more dealerships (asssume they pay commission for the sale)?

Discuss please ........ want to try and get an order in by the end of the week (or should I wait til month end?)  :grin:

Read my comment in pram thread and *cough* print out this deal and one from another franchised bricks and mortar dealer else where and see what your local one says then....

I think I know what car Chick is looking at.  I could be wrong.  But if it will fit the Sandringham Estate in the back, then I'm not.:roflmao:

The date the order is taken is usually irrelevant, some dealers may do it differently, but month end may not work as it only counts towards dealer target when it is delivered, so if you're not going to take delivery of the car until March, it won't count towards their targets this month/quarter. 

Edited by SINGH

DTD have been going years, they hook you up with a UK main dealer and you deal direct with the dealer. Cut and paste the quote and mail bomb or call every dealer within a 100+ mile radius at the end of the month / late December +++ Someone will get close to it.

DTD have been going years, they hook you up with a UK main dealer and you deal direct with the dealer. Cut and paste the quote and mail bomb or call every dealer within a 100+ mile radius at the end of the month / late December +++ Someone will get close to it.

What he said. If a main dealer won't match the price, go with them. Some friends of ours got a ridiculous deal on a new shape XC60 recently that I couldn't get anywhere close to. Car was delivered to them on a covered trailer at no extra cost.

DTD told me the dealer is in the South so wouldn't take me more than a days worth on the phone I reckon ...... tbh I'm happy to pay what they have quoted me.   I know the chap I have been dealing with at the local(ish) dealers is not in today so I'll be expecting a call sometime tomorrow - I'll let them have a look again at their figures and see what he says.

And yes Booster, it's the same car  :secret:

1 person likes this

I was told at the weekend that DTD call around dealers saying they have sold the car already at x discount but to get the deal the dealer has to go to x+ a bit more for DTD to make their money.

Dealer I spoke to said they would match the 7% offered on DTD with no haggling....

+++

Some of the DTD quotes are eye opening. A £45k Tourag for £34k is about as large a discount I found whilst trying many different cars.

They are even quoting £2/£3 k off brand new top end models not yet or only just on sale.

Shame they don't do BMW.

Some of the DTD quotes are eye opening. A £45k Tourag for £34k is about as large a discount I found whilst trying many different cars.

The RS4 is being discounted heavily atm as orders slow down.  Couple of people on RS246 have taken delivery of cars within three months which is remarkable for an Audi factory order.  The best 'base' discount price I have seen available atm for a factory order is cheaper than the cheapest used RS4 on Autotrader, Pistonheads or Audi approved....