DazzerVR6

CarClub 18-30 2014 Hits the Far East

62 posts in this topic

>> Not got a car, not got the money to buy one...

Tag along anyway, grab a pax seat, there'll be plenty going free

>> not got a helmet...

What size are you? I have a spare. Someone will lend you one.

>> never done a track day...

About time, then :grin:

>> wrong end of the country...

Some kind of four-wheeled transportation needed, then?

>> and a wifey who'll frown if i'll suggest it...

Ah. You know, I've never found a solution to that one :uhoh:

1 person likes this

Oh there is .... just take her with you +++

1 person likes this

Oh there is .... just take her with you +++

I'm sure the promise of a night on tiles in Lincolnshire's own Monte Carlo will swing it.

1 person likes this

A Sinclair C5 is 18-30 qualifying.  

Just saying :coffee:

A Sinclair C5 is 18-30 qualifying.  

Just saying :coffee:

Anyone who turns up in something non-qualifying will be strapped into my C5 and forced to do 10 laps on pedal power alone. You have been warned. :)

Anyone else? You're a long time dead. Beg/borrow/steal something cool and join us. EBay is full of hot junk waiting to be spanked on track.

So hypomathetically speaking if 500 squid jumped into my net.

Would this qualify? I believe this version started to be produced in 1993 although it's a 97 model.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201401050818160/sort/default/usedcars/price-to/500/make/toyota/postcode/po11at/page/1/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/quicksearch/true/model/celica/radius/1500?logcode=p

Still not going to happen but it's always good to have options.  :grin:

DATES!!!!!

As I've said before, when I know, I'll tell you and everyone else. It's a bit of a pain in the arse being the non-organiser and the way we'd like to do it makes it even more of a pain in the arse than usual.

OK, everything you need to know is now on a dedictaed webpage, here > http://motorpunk.co.uk/about/the-motorpunk-car-club-18-30-event-pay-80-by-28th-march-for-an-opl-day-at-sunny-blyton-on-friday-august-1st/

Note that money MUST be in by March 28th and that the cars MUST qualify one way or another.

We look forward to seeing you there :)

email sent, "the cheque is in the post" I will be there.

1 person likes this

I know this is a way off yet, but giving that we will be all looking for accomodation in the height of the peak holiday period & that Skeggy will be busier than you think.

Is there any particular plans with respect to the evening of the 1st, or anything for the night before even for those who want to travel from afar to partake & will want to stay over beforehand?

Im in this year, missed nurburg last year :(....the e30 will be well tried and tested by then :) cant wait!

1 person likes this

Im in this year, missed nurburg last year :(....the e30 will be well tried and tested by then :) cant wait!

Excellent. I think we're full now, another MX-5 and a Porsche 930 (!) signed up.

Andy, I dunno about Skeg, I think I'll be headed home after the trackday, but the night before I shall be in Lincoln with a few of the chaps, let's work something out for there.

OK, I will bring it back to here for simplicities sake, here are my findings for what seem to be the best fit for our requirements as I see them.

Option 1. (Central with exclusive parking)

Holiday Inn (not Express) 5 min walk from town centre. £5 to park (parking is secure & attached to hotel)

Price per double/twin £81 Including breakfast.

Option 2. (Central without exclusive parking, but cheaper)

Premier Inn - 5 min walk from town centre £4 to park.

Car park in a council run one nearby and has CCTV, is manned until 12PM.

Price per double/twin £64.

Option 3. (Out of town/cheaper option)

Damons - several miles out of town on the A46 ring-road to the West of the city so could be better fro travellers.

Car park is the hotel's own and is our favourite price..... FREE!

Price per double/twin is £55 including buffet breakfast.

I have stayed at Damon's before & as above it is a basic MOTEL with an attached bar/diner with a godd reputation for food and a necessity to book for an evening meal as it is VERY popular locally.

The hotel is a bit on the basic side, but does what it says on the tin.

Edited by E-bmw

Excellent. I think we're full now, another MX-5 and a Porsche 930 (!) signed up.

Excellent news, I twisted Chris' arm a bit as I keep goading him into tracking his 930. It's a lovely looking thing too!

1 person likes this

Quick warning - when choosing hotel be aware that Premier Inn will give 24 hours internet access for £3.  Holiday Inn, on the other hand, will want to charge you significantly more.  I recently sent an email to their group (IHG) asking how on earth they thought £3 per HOUR was acceptable in 2014.  It does vary from hotel to hotel, but I advise you to check that out with them and go as far as to telephone the hotel - because the website often gets it wrong.

They are a superb group of hotels now, but when it comes to £ for £ value, Premier Inn is very hard to beat nowadays for the consistency and quality you get.  Oh and their breakfasts are the best of any hotel group, no matter how much you pay.

Well put NNMM, I would not have thought the internet to be a significant issue & therefore didd not check.

I thought the decision would be more likely to come down to people's trust or lack of with respect to parking etc, and so asked the relevant questions accordingly.

OOPSY.

Sorry I made a mistake in option 3.

Price per double/twin does not include breakfast, I misread the info.

Breakfast is £7.50.

Well put NNMM, I would not have thought the internet to be a significant issue & therefore didd not check.

I thought the decision would be more likely to come down to people's trust or lack of with respect to parking etc, and so asked the relevant questions accordingly.

Oh absolutely, I just mentioned it because I could imagine it might be something someone would want for image uploading, or whatever.  I think it should be something people can take for granted nowadays but with some hotel groups that still isn't the case unfortunately.

You would think by now everyone would do it for free/nominal charge for 24 hours.

They have t'interweb for their own purposes & to allow it's use doesn't cost them anything.

Yup, but many see it as an easy way of making money because they know how reliant travellers are on it.

The Premier Inn deal is almost unbeatable for £3/24 hrs and it is usually very reliable too. 

I'm not sure what Hilton do these days but they used to charge £15 for 24 hours and because of that I'd refuse to stay there. 

3G is usually a good back-up option in the UK of course.