Michael Schumacher suffers serious head injuries

Andy_Bangle

Hopefully it's nothing to serious:

Michael Schumacher has suffered a serious head injury while skiing,according to a report on French website Europe 1.

The Formula One legend was injured on Sunday morning in Meribel and transported from the slopes to hospital.

No further information on the German's injuries are yet available.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/michael-schumacher/10541199/Michael-Schumacher-suffers-serious-head-injury-while-skiing-according-to-reports-in-France.html

Edited by Andy_Bangle

Update; seems its a non-story

the director of the Meribel resort where Schumacher was skiing reportedly said his injury was "not very serious".

Gernignon Christophe Lecomte was quoted by Radio Monte Carlo Sport as saying the former racing driver hit his head against a rock in the accident which happened at 11.07am local time on Sunday. Schumacher had been wearing a helmet.

What's freaking me out a bit is that I watched some stuff on TV today and there was an interview with him, talking about his best memories etc. When I finished watching it I thought that it felt like an obituary.

I truly hope that it doesn't turn out to be.   :(

Reports that Ross Brawn has gone to visit - that, to me, sounds like very bad news.

Eh? It sounds to me like someone has gone to the bedside of a friend who has been hurt.

There are loads of internet medical experts who have taken what little facts have been released and written what they think are tomorrow's headlines.

He's in the best place possible, surrounded by what I imagine are the best medical staff available. Fingers crossed he makes a full recovery.

• Like 1

Similar accident happen to the Dutch prince :(

Nope; Dutch Prince was caught in an Avalanche.   Schu was skiing off piste; fell and his head hit a rock(or rocks).  

Some sources are suggesting he was skiing with his 14 yo son off piste; Schu fell and banged his head on a rock (or rocks).  He may have been knocked out, but recovered; was taken down in a sledge by piste patrol.  Condition worsened once at local Hospital and so airlift elsewhere; Suggestions possible brain Hemorhage. 

Not looking too good in the short term; only those close will really know......

Schu was skiing off piste; fell and his head hit a rock(or rocks).  

Some sources are suggesting he was skiing with his 14 yo son off piste; Schu fell and banged his head on a rock (or rocks).  He may have been knocked out, but recovered; was taken down in a sledge by piste patrol.  Condition worsened once at local Hospital and so airlift elsewhere; Suggestions possible brain Hemorhage. 

Yes, that's what Sky News is reporting: http://news.sky.com/story/1188296/michael-schumacher-in-critical-condition

Edited by Andy_Bangle

Nope; Dutch Prince was caught in an Avalanche.   Schu was skiing off piste; fell and his head hit a rock(or rocks).  

Not looking too good in the short term; only those close will really know......

Horrible stuff, at least he's in the best place possible for care and, as Coulthard pointed out, he's in top physical condition so should help him long term in recovery. I noticed in the press conf they are calling it a MTBI - Mild Traumatic Brain Injury unlike the TBI used to describe Snowboarder Kevin Pearce who really mashed his squish....

The 'thought he was ok then went rapidly downhill' is reminicent of Natasha Richardson accident, though she wasn't wearing a helmet. Her death in  2009 is the reason I started wearing a helmet.