Michael Schumacher suffers serious head injuries

Andy_Bangle

Indeed, he and his family are going through enough without something like this. 

I'm interested to hear he is getting better but not the nitty gritty of his condition and what the prognosis is really thats something his family should know and we find out if or when they are ready. +++

Trying to sell the medical records is despicable.

However I feel the Schumacher family have badly misjudged the handling of the situation regarding releasing information. I respect their need for privacy and to preserve Michaels dignity. But he is a world famous sportsman with millions of fans. And yet nothing has been done to keep people informed, even at a very basic level of information.

Yes thats been mentioned in the past and I'd agree but its a judgement that they have made for what ever reason.

The last press release told us nothing other than he had moved, many took it he was out of a coma for the first time but as the F1 doctor mentioned we had already been told that in the release before albeit it wasn't easy to grasp that if you weren't a brain surgeon.

Lets hope for the sake of his family we see a photo opportunity seeing him mobile and getting around and that his squash hasn't been that badly affected after all.

• 2 weeks later...

There was this article in the Indpendent today

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/michael-schumachers-wife-corinna-pictured-smiling-at-first-public-appearance-since-tragic-accident-left-him-in-a-coma-9589551.html%C2'>

What I noticed was one sentence that mentioned "He is currently paralysed and remains speechless" 

I'd not seen anything anywhere actually detailing any of his medical condition, has there been something released that I missed?

I've certainly not heard anything to that effect, and I listen to Five Live almost all day, so i'm sure they would have mentioned it.

Probably just more speculation from the press, I don't read any newspapers these days, they are all, without exception, full of sh1t.

Edited by Tipex

Those that know of my story know it's entirely possible to come out of this. Yes there's a very high chance of long terms effects but to put it into perspective I was given a 50/50% chance of survival and a 2% chance of coming out of the coma without any severe symptoms such as loss of sight.

So personally I'm holding out hope for Michael.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So he is now at home. 

Sabine Kehm said in a statement that he had made "progress", but there was "a long and difficult road ahead".

But after they have apparently spent £2m I can't help but think that the long and difficult road alludes to the fact that he is a shadow of his former self. I hope he has as full a recovery as possible but for the millions of fans that he has I think many would have hoped for a little more information as to his condition; yes I know even though it isn't really anyone elses business except for the family. 

• 2 months later...

This story has been doing the rounds today and has been picked up by the mainstream media:

Michael Schumacher: 'paralysed and in a wheelchair'

German driver still cannot speak and has memory problems, according to former racing driver Philippe Streiff

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/michael-schumacher/11241129/Michael-Schumacher-paralysed-and-in-a-wheelchair.html

Sabine said Streiff's comments were "his opinions" and she therefore did not want to comment. She added: "He did not have contact with us."  

Be interesting to see if the family come out with an update.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

There are numerous breaking news headlines at the moment that don't sound at all good and centre on comments from Luca di Montezemolo saying "I have news and it is not good", about Schumachers health.

Sabine Kehm has declined to comment, apparently, but that is their normal position anyway I presume (and rightly so).

It would be nice to think the reports are incorrect but the fact it is Montezemolo makes me think it might have more accuracy attached to it.  One can only hope not.

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

Let's be honest, if the worst has happened, it can only be a relief to his family, he was never going to recover to an extent that he'd have any sort of life.

In some ways, as horrible as it sounds, I hope the rumours are true, I wouldn't wish anyone dead, but from what little info is out there, he might as well have been.

Doesn't make it any less sad.