Ref comments

cruiser647

It's not the same as criticising your CEO though is it. That would be a manager criticising his chairman. And we all know what happens when he does that.

This is more like criticising an external auditor when it turns out they are so incompetent they have managed to directly financially impact you, and then being fined by HMRC.

In their idiocy, the FA have managed to create an atmosphere of paranoia and doublespeak reminiscent of 1984 where referees face absolutely no repercussions for their incompetence but managers are fined for daring to talk about it. The situation really is farcical.  

I'm sure they do face some repercussions but its probably not as visible as a manager saying his comments to the media that they have to respond to. 

Each game they get scored and if they have too many bad games then I'm sure they have words with them or they don't end up ref'ing at the top flight again for some of them. It takes an age to work up to getting to referee at the top flight and they have had enough abuse to sink a ship before they get there.

At the grass roots level some leagues now don't allow the parents to shout at the ref they have to keep quiet, they are trying to rebuild the respect the players have for the referee rather than questioning it so much. In Rugby they rarely question the referee, its his decisions, its final, done move on and take the next tackle, in football there seems to be more time spent talking about the referee these days than point the finger at a player; that is getting paid £100k a week to not really try his best for every single ball and tackle, that is the true scandal to me but hey what do I know.