hindlpet

RS6 V10 Engine Out

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

Missed my S8 so much that after 12 months with a Legacy (shame I hear you shout) I bought an '09 RS6 Avant (yeay!).

So with a 1 year Audi warranty I pick up Crankcase oil seal leak so the engines coming out tomorrow.

So with the S8 - the received wisdom was to replace cam belt and water pump while the engine is out.

Any advice for the RS6? I know there's no cam belt to worry about. Have heard about oil hoses which would normally mean front off. Anything else?

Any suggestions really appreciated.

Cheers

Pete

Git, git, git, git, git.

Have a read on here, there is a chap here with a saloon V10 RS6, that has been breathed upon to the tune of 700 horse (IIRC).

He might have some info for you?

Oh, you git!

Any pictures you can stick up?  You git!

:grin:

Haha! Will do.

Mine hasn't been breathed upon so severely but does benefit from a Milltek catback. So I'd guess more than stock 571bhp.

Photos not on phone but will post.

Thanks for your help

P

I so hope you have a sponsored fuel card, or have no concept of cost to drive being an issue. Lovely, and should be used as the daily.

I so hope you have a sponsored fuel card, or have no concept of cost to drive being an issue. Lovely, and should be used as the daily.

No sponsorship but is the daily :D

2 people like this

Not sure where you are based but oddly enough I was having a chat with Simon at AMD (in Woking) earlier today who said he does loads of V10 engines now, maybe he is worth a call. He also explained that to sort out the MAF sensor is an engine out job!

Nothing in particular, he just gets loads of them. He did say there isn't a huge amount of room around them, and of course the MAF sensor comment sounded expensive!

La la la la! Not listening. Only just bought mine.

Don't want to drive frightened (by the costs at any rate),

P

Hi Andrew

Really ! Simon at AMD said engine out for MAF sensor replacement? There are no Audi or Lambo V10 engines that have MAF sensors they used MAP based Bosch ME9 family ecu's. Trust me I own one and also own a tuning garage who genuinely does loads of these.

Thanks Stuart

Well perhaps he said something else. I'm no engineer. MAP sounds a bit like MAF no? Maybe you need to direct me to a hearing aid centre ...

MAF - Mass Airflow Sensor

MAP - Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor