Fancy looking X6

M8CKN

376 bhp, 540+ lbs ft of torque, 0-62 in something like 5.5s.

Believe it or not, it's the same 3.0 litre diesel engine that is in MrsMe's 40d - but in the 50d it has three turbochargers instead of two.

The 50d is a rare sight on the roads too.  In fact I think I've only seen one.

M, Diesel, automatic & Sport should not be allowed n the same sentence!

So not a 435x diesel that does 0-60 in 4.6s? Not quick enough for you? Not a fan of diesels - for the noise if anything - but that sentence is absurd :P

The M-Sport and S-line (from Audi) both devalued their 'special' lines didn't they?

Edited by Mac
  • Like 1

Ok, so if we are being pedantic here we go!

Did my post mentiion 0 - 60 times being of importance? No.

Then you go on to say that you are not a fan of diesels due to the noise.....As I said diesels can't be classed as sporting (the reason.....they don't sound sporty!) so then you agree!

Then you imply I mentioned value....Er, No I didn't, so I wasn't talking about that either!

Not doing very well all of a sudden are you!

so here goes.....What was I actually talking about?

Diesels don't sound sporty, automatics aren't right on a sporty car, OK, so I was right all along!!

Diesels don't sound sporty, automatics aren't right on a sporty car, OK, so I was right all along!!

So what about the DSG boxes on M cars and RS models?  They're automatic and simply superb.

What about the auto/paddleshift boxes on the majority of supercars?   They're not right either?  5-10 years ago you might have had a point, but today?

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

Sorry, but I 100% disagree.

I have never liked automatic gearboxes.

To me an automatic gearbox is one step closer to losing the will to live.

A real drivers car should have a real manual gearbox and a clutch pedal.

Call me a dinosaur if you like, but that is the way I see it.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand that being GIVEN a perfect gear-change every time could have some appeal, however it is not for me, I want the CHANCE to get one, the CHANCE to c0ck it up, but either way I want to be involved in the whole process, not just the bit that says when to do it.

I feel the same about car electronics systems. I want to decide when & how fast my wipers come on, I want to decide when my mirror dips. I don't want to have decisions taken away from me in the pursuit of the 'perfect drive'. I want to feel the involvement of the WHOLE driving experience.

Ok, Triceratops.

Fecking Triceratops!!!!

Have you ever seen one of them this tall!

Edited by E-bmw