August 1st, Blyton Park, Car Club 18-30 rules.

theduisbergkid

The Jaguar XK8 now qualifies, as does the Elise S1, as they both turn 18 this year. Alternatively we've no Scandinavians on board yet and I can see Mike and Jim in a Saab 900 Turbo wearing black roll-necks. It's a great time of year to buy a cheap Cabrio, the Fiat X1/9 is a daft little thing and the Alfa GTV Cabrio surely can't get any cheaper. We've not had any Fords yet, how about a Scorpio Cosworth estate? We NEED someone in a Mini too.

I'm just back from a mad few days in Italy and am shortly off to Amsterdam, there are a few slots open still, although not many, I will post up the entry list when I get a mo'.

Well i'm in, just got to get the Subaru fit and ready!

My co-driver could be a return of the old dream team, myself and the Italian stallion Marco, or, worryingly, Mrs T has been making murmerings about 'seeing what it's all about'.

Normally I like doing this stuff because it gets me away from her for a bit!

Edited by Tipex
  • Like 2

Have been there a few times and in spite of it being comnpletely flat as per it's former life as a WW2 bomber runway it is a good fun circuit with some good technical sections, a couple of reasonable length straights and a couple of corners that bite when not taken seriously.

All in all a good fun track, the surface is good tarmac, and it also has the benefit that from one viewing point you can pretty much see the whole track, so good for spectators too.

Edited by E-bmw

A quick update as I'm flat out with stuff at the mo, below is the 'confirmed' list and there are quite a few more who have promised payment soon and will go on this list when they have done so. We'll be just about full when they've done so and it's first come first served so anyone else considering this pls cough up pronto. Ta.Info here > http://motorpunk.co.uk/about/the-motorpunk-car-club-18-30-event-pay-80-by-28th-march-for-an-opl-day-at-sunny-blyton-on-friday-august-1st/

List of paid up entries here, more to be added shortly;

motorpunk18-30entrylist290114_zps639f58d