August 1st, Blyton Park, Car Club 18-30 rules.

theduisbergkid

Does having the old Sultana of Brunel University as a former owner make it faster..? :P

Quite often it does, as his cars normally come with the factory go-faster bits attached.

Jonny is the most unassuming type, I once bumped into him in a Sainsbury's supermarket about 45 minutes away from his house. He'd popped out to get some milk in his 964 Targa Florio and as the weather was nice he'd taken the scenic route (he lives about 3 minutes away from a Sainsbury's). Whilst we were chatting his wife called to see where the hell he was, he just replied with "I've got the milk I'll be back in an hour."

• Like 5

Is it ok to just turn up in order to try to blag rides in every one else's cars? :grin:

Having previously passengered with Mook twice, I would suggest finding someone less likely to kill you, like me, or Patently. Oh, hang on...

ETA - Gordon Keeble just signed up. Can't wait to see it :)

Edited by theduisbergkid
  • Like 1

Having previously passengered with Mook twice, I would suggest finding someone less likely to kill you, like me, or Patently. Oh, hang on...

ETA - Gordon Keeble just signed up. Can't wait to see it :)

You're not dead, are you?  No.  Then  shut the funk up.  That was an off.  Once.  At Donington.  I kept my foot in, brought the car back on track and you wailed like a girl.

And don't mention the "slow the fück down" when I was pulling 168 on the GPS through Belgium ;)

• Like 1

I would disagree, I have found Sheffield a good night out & have been twice in the last year.

I'm from Sheffield - moved to Leeds about 4 years ago when I was 27. Sheffield night out used to be amazing - 10-12 years ago. So much has closed in the last 3-4 years, most of the nice bars have gone and left with student offer type places...

Thinking back, I've only been out in Sheffield once. And that was to an all nighter in some industrial unit in the 90s. :) :) :)

For this meet, it doesn't need to be a top class night out - Leeds til 4am would be a bit of overkill the night before a track day (for me at least) - but I guess we could do without it being actively dangerous. 

Eldavo will know what I mean when I ask whether Doncaster is anything like Oldham. I had more nights in Oldham than I can possibly remember as a yoof, but I wouldn't go back there now without full military support. :P

What's Lincoln like? Anyone ever been out in Gainsboro?!

OK Guys & Gals, I have done a bit of early hunting as I have the time today, here is a couple of topics for discussion so far.

Based on several assumptions my opinion would be either Sheffield or Lincoln for the night before.

1.         Several/most people will be traveling to get there and so good main road/motorway access will be helpful.

2.         Some will be a bit precious about their cars/gear, so good safe/secure location & parking is going to be a pre-requisite.

3.         Easy/quick onward travel to Blyton will be good for a predicted early start on the Friday.

These assumptions would point me to the following hotels (info from booking.com)

Fun Option.

Sheffield. Have been there twice in the last year & had a pretty good night. Based on the principle that in a group you make your own entertainment, I think this would be good.

Novotel – 5 min walk from centre 12 GBP to park.

60 parking spaces 1st come 1st served, CCTV in car park, barrier entry, overflow is to Q-Park just 200yds from hotel with CCTV & gated access.

Price per double/twin room 49GBP. (Other options available)

Cultural Option.

Lincoln. Yes it is a bit up-market from Sheffield (what did you expect) the City centre is a lot more intimate & possibly suiting people of 'our age'.

Holiday Inn (not Express) – 5 min walk from town centre 5 GBP to park.

Parking is secure & attached to the hotel.

Price per double/twin room 81 GBP including breakfast. (Other options available)

Any other suggestions will be looked into.

Andy, if you wouldn't mind doing some legwork on a venue for the night before/after, that would be kind. I know a few chaps were keen on Skeg-Vegas, but I'm open to suggestions, I'd rather not leave my car somewhere rough overnight. I doubt I'll be doing the Friday night too but count me in for some fun on Thursday +++

TDK & all, I know Skeggy has been mentioned before, alas I have not pursued this any further at the moment for 2 main reasons.

1. Skeggy is a sh!t-hole.

2. Distance for the morning after, I mean Nottingham is closer! (This is not an invitation to suggest Nottingham, as that is distinctly not what it used to be as a night out.)