New Golf R

Luke

Oooo now that does look rather spiffing.

Will they shine the crap off those rear brake discs if yours comes like that? I hate to see that on new cars because they're been stood for a while.

They don't really need to have sat that long for surface rust on the discs to appear. A couple of days in damp conditions and it's there.

Delivery a success - only driven some 50 miles but it's good, oh yes, it's good!!!

Nice one!

I had a test drive yesterday and was really impressed with it.  It sounds great and while I know the noise inside the cabin is synthesised, when you're blatting down a country lane with a big smile on your face you don't really care.

Enjoy it  +++

Busby, manual or DSG?

Manual - I'm not a big fan of the DSG gearboxes on small cars.  I know it is a bit quicker and the auto mode would be useful when you're stuck in traffic but on a small hot hatch then I'd prefer to be changing the gears manually.

The Merc is an old car.

But then so is the Skoda, it's just had a mild facelift.

I'm not sure the old/new model thing applies these days really, they seem to facelift cars on an almost annual basis, so you're always driving the 'old' model.

Edited by Tipex

I'm not sure the old/new model thing applies these days really, they seem to facelift cars on an almost annual basis, so you're always driving the 'old' model.

Eh?

The current Octavia was all new when launched to market in early 2013. It's still years from a facelift.

It may look very similar to the old Octavia, which was Golf A6 platform - but the current car is on the MQB platform and is still very new.

The Skoda is new, isn't it?  I'm reasonably sure it is.

Most manufacturers only facelift cars every 2.5 to 3 years don't they?  It doesn't do to shaft your customers so I don't know of any that change the cars annually.