Daz

VW or Merc??

VW or Merc?   19 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• VW Transporter
    • Merc Vito

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

82 posts in this topic

Thinking of replacing the pikey truck with one of these. If you were forced to choose one which would it be :P ?

sportlinepic7.jpg

sportx.png

(ignore the rear windows in the Merc - I would need van spec)

I prefer the Mercedes.

However, can I order the following please:

4 x Baguettes (large)

2 x Tiger loaves

3 x Wholegrain large round loaves

I am presuming that delivery is free? :bike:

Which one has more power?  Which one has more cylinders?  I'd go cylinder count if the V6 diesel is an option in the Merc.

Yeah the Merc is the v6 with more bhp & torque. The vw is a bi-turbo 4 cyl

I can't find the bread trays on the options list.  Do you have to provide those yourself? :roflmao:

I wish we'd bought the GL350 instead of the X6.  Lovely 4x4 and looks fab in black with the 21" AMG alloys.  Could have had one with a brilliant spec for the price of the X6.

I hadn't seen the new shape.

There is always next year ......   :roflmao:

2 people like this

I reckon we'll keep it 3 years.  It's a fantastic car, I just keep seeing other things in that price bracket that I really like now and that I know MrsMe would like too.

It'll end up being a Range Rover anyway.  She's moreorless said that already.:roflmao:

It'll end up being a Range Rover anyway.  She's moreorless said that already. :roflmao:

She'll need a run-around for when that's in the garage.............  :P

Just saying. 

1 person likes this

What's the prices on each one Daz?

What's the prices on each one Daz?

They are similar (too expensive) but the finance deal on the vw is better.

Daz, try the cabin space for size, my brother found a loan VW cabin crampt compared to the Transit he was used to, and they are not particularly generous.

His work has now changed him over to a Sprinter. 

Vivaro sportiv, Daz? There are some silly deals for the current one as it's running out soon.

But 115bhp??? How is that sportiv??

Vito for me... but that's because it always sticks in my mind being tale-gated by one in Germany at 140mph

1 person likes this

I really like the VW vans, everyone seems to buy a plate that starts 'T5' though for some reason, yes I know it's the model designation, but only sad tw*ts like us that know that, and I personally hate seeing T5 plates on VW vans!

Personally I would go for the Merc though, I don't know if it's still true, but when I switched our fleet of vans at City Electrical, Mercedes were unbeatable on leasing, and even on an outright purchase the running costs were surprisingly much lower than VW and even Ford.

At the end of the vehicles life they had saved us a good amount of money.

Regarding Biscuits comment above, I know the VW's can be mapped to good power, but I once got taken out in a mapped Vito, and it was ridiculously fast, not just for a van, but for anything, it had no trouble seeing off any hot hatch.

Edited by Tipex

But why do you want a fast van? A van that has plenty of torque and can still go alright with a load of gear in, yes. And great mpg if you're using it every day.

Do Merc. vans still rot?

That it is one of my concerns with the Merc

I have 2 friends here who have VW Transporter diesels with AWD who swear by them. One took his out into the bush to the harder to get at part of the Ari Experience to take all the pics and use as a drone launcher. ;)

I assume MB offer an AWD variant of the Vito et al over in the UK? If not, go the VW.

Personally, my Panamera experience suggests the VW group (specifically Audi whose V6 tdi was worked over by Porsche) diesels are about as good as it gets...