VW or Merc??

Daz

VW or Merc?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• VW Transporter
    • Merc Vito

I really like the VW vans, everyone seems to buy a plate that starts 'T5' though for some reason, yes I know it's the model designation, but only sad tw*ts like us that know that, and I personally hate seeing T5 plates on VW vans!

Personally I would go for the Merc though, I don't know if it's still true, but when I switched our fleet of vans at City Electrical, Mercedes were unbeatable on leasing, and even on an outright purchase the running costs were surprisingly much lower than VW and even Ford.

At the end of the vehicles life they had saved us a good amount of money.

Regarding Biscuits comment above, I know the VW's can be mapped to good power, but I once got taken out in a mapped Vito, and it was ridiculously fast, not just for a van, but for anything, it had no trouble seeing off any hot hatch.

Edited by Tipex

I have 2 friends here who have VW Transporter diesels with AWD who swear by them. One took his out into the bush to the harder to get at part of the Ari Experience to take all the pics and use as a drone launcher. ;)

I assume MB offer an AWD variant of the Vito et al over in the UK? If not, go the VW.

Personally, my Panamera experience suggests the VW group (specifically Audi whose V6 tdi was worked over by Porsche) diesels are about as good as it gets...