Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GrahamF

I bought a new A7 Black Edition today

77 posts in this topic

Now that looks lovely, however have you arranged the mortgage for when you need new tyres..  :roflmao:

I've got 20s so I'm not far behind you mind. +++

The car looks really proper fantastic +++

Let's hope this week goes by quickly ..... 

That's properly lovely.

But have you test driven with the 21" wheels? Is the ride passable???

Not this particular car I haven't but I have in a different car. It's quite harsh but to be honest it was for a brief few moments and I have absolutely no idea what suspension setting it was on but I do have a modified TT as well which is somewhat lowered and I doubt if it would be more harsh than that but if it is then watch out for some very good condition genuine Audi 21" Rotor wheels on eBay!!     ;)

Now that looks lovely, however have you arranged the mortgage for when you need new tyres..  :roflmao:

I've got 20s so I'm not far behind you mind. +++

If you buy a car like this then you have to budget for them which is not a problem in itself except if you manage to write a tyre off with a puncture of course and then it becomes a PITA

The car looks really proper fantastic +++

Let's hope this week goes by quickly ..... 

Thanks mate, I hope it goes quickly too, it's going to be tough waiting 5 days, it doesn't seem long but I bet it will seem like 5 weeks.   ;)

I spoke to the dealer today and it seems that I should be able to pick the car up on either Thursday or Friday instead of the weekend so I'll keep you posted.

I spoke to the dealer today and it seems that I should be able to pick the car up on either Thursday or Friday instead of the weekend so I'll keep you posted.

Did you do a little joyous jig?  :grin:

I'd still be dancing round the office :roflmao:

Kind of - once I realised and it had sunk in.     :grin:

I'd still be dancing round the office :roflmao:

If I did that then they'd know about it but I haven't said anything yet - and that is sooooo hard, but I imagine all the crap comments I shall get when I park up but I shall just keep  smile on my face as I walk away and it locks itself.     ;)

1 person likes this

I've just been and signed all the paperwork and I shall be picking her up Thursday lunchtime - Result!!

2 people like this

Brilliant news. +++

What was said in the end then, yes we got it wrong here have the right one?

Do make sure it has the right engine in it when you collect it.  These things can be buggers to sort out afterwards :coffee:

A 3 litre A6 Quattro Le Manns.

so, hardly an upgrade...............

:bike:

:P

Me, jealous?   Not one little bit.  Just a massive big bit! :grin:

Edited by cruiser647

So, one more sleep to go but in the meantime I have been thinking about two little additions which it hasn't got (Yes I know!   :) )  They would be retrofitting the Audi Homelink - I really missed that on the A6 from my RS4 and secondly a TV tuner, it has a DVD player (for video movies) and a rear camera so I assume that it has a video output source module if it has those. 

So who are the guys these days to talk about retrofitting. I had some work done by Craig on my RS4 and he was great but just wondered if there was anyone nearer (Cambs) who could do it or is it simple enough to do as a DIY including aerial fitting etc. It's just a thought at the moment and not urgent or even essential. I've looked at a company called Hazy Dayz but when I put in Homelink on the search nothing came up.

Hazy Days retrofitted cruise to my old A4 Cab, and an iPod adaptor to the A3 we had at the time. No complaints at all from me - they did a great job +++

But more importantly, the one sleep has now gone, so what's the new car like :grin:

1 person likes this

Yes....... come on........ what's the mota like Graham ?!

Yes....... come on........ what's the mota like Graham ?!

He doesn't want to get out :roflmao:

Hi again everyone. Ok, so the verdict after a day? It's OK I suppose...... :roflmao:

This is one serious car both in the looks and the feel, I must admit that I'm still finding my way around all the controls but to be fair to the car I haven't had much time to have a serious look at it yet. Sure, I went over all the bits at the handover but I had to get back to work directly after that and I was busy last night but I do have the weekend to get familiar with it. But initially I'm very pleased with it, it's certainly a head turner as it has such a presence on the road, it sits very low and looks extremely wide when viewed at most angles, now whether that is to do with the colour or not then I'm unsure but whatever it is it works for me.

The cabin is a delight to be in, everything is at hand and the MMI is not too complicated as it's quite intuitive - so long as you know what you want to select then it's easy. If you just want to 'fiddle' with the controls then you will miss a lot of the function and settings. I did manage to get time to purchase a mini sim card but have yet to set that up but will do that tomorrow if I get the time. 

My insurance company wanted a Tracker fitted to it which I have done but my premium is now only £240/year fully comp with my wife as a named driver + commuting so I'm really pleased with that (mind I am an old git so that may have helped! :grin: ) and with the road tax being £125 then it makes for really cheap running costs. The one main difference I have found is the ease of getting in and out of the car, the doors are very easy to open and along with the frameless windows then it makes it a breeze.

As regards performance then I haven't obviously given it much time yet but when I have pressed the go peddle in anger (just to try it out of course!) then the power is definitely there but I back off almost immediately, I've a got a good journey down to Cornwall next weekend which has come at just the right time so I can give her a good long run on the initial running in which is the ideal kind of journey to make, I know modern cars don't need running in but I still prefer to not to overdo things initially. It will also give me the time to get used to it as well over that kind of distance, it's probably about a 5 hour trip for where I live so I should find out what it's like for the comfort over that kind of time period but I don't see any problems arising from that as it seems extremely comfortable with the exception of the normal and expected, occasional bang from the rear suspension at lower speeds and bumpy Cambridgeshire roads, with lowered suspension and tyres the thickness of elastic bands then I expected that anyway!

So, to sum up on this very brief encounter so far? Well, I have a very positive feeling that I'm going to love this car - I just have that feeling, It's the same feeling I had when I had my RS4 Cab but only time will tell I guess but I don't think I'm going to be wrong. I will try and get some pics posted up over the weekend.

5 people like this