Audi A8 attention to detail.

Ari

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

popped in to the local VW dealer yesterday and picked one up for £26 all in. not so bad.

it doesn't fit in the S3 as well as it does the Yaris though. i wonder if the lighter plugs are different for the facelift models? anyone know? At the moment it's residing in the missus' Yaris which isn't good smashfreakB.gif

Seriously slick gadget though!

[ QUOTE ]

popped in to the local VW dealer yesterday and picked one up for £26 all in. not so bad.

it doesn't fit in the S3 as well as it does the Yaris though. i wonder if the lighter plugs are different for the facelift models? anyone know? At the moment it's residing in the missus' Yaris which isn't good smashfreakB.gif

Seriously slick gadget though!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the downside of it, you may need to buy a second one now... grin.gif

It's a bit thin indeed, the lighters usually have these 'clips' you can bend out a bit if it's too loose, this flashlight doesnt. Oddly it fits perfectly in the front lighter socket in the S8, but it's too thin for the rear lighter socket... confused.gif

In any case you could get a suitable generic lighter from Halfords or something and swap (or add) the socket... wink.gif (Or a T-Reg lighter socket) grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Got mine this afternoon, £26-13 incl VAT.

Anyone got any idea how long the battery lasts when fully charged?

[/ QUOTE ]

No Idea, but fully decharging is always good for battery life, so give it a try, set it on the table and see... wink.gif

OK, I'm nowhere near the brightest light on this forum (brightest light! geddit?... oh plase yourselfs). ROLLEY~14.GIF

But what is all this fuss about. pengy.gif What does this do? It's a torch right? Thats cool. How long does it last? Looks good too, but its a torch, I dont get it what all the fuss is for...

Am I missing out! EEK2.GIF Should I get my schitt down to a stealer so I can join in?

Yeah, get one or be left out... grin.gif

Besides the coolness it's practical too, you always have a - fully charged - torch with you. How many times have you been looking everywhere for a torch when you need it pronto, only to find out - when you've finally located it - it's got about 2 mins. of life left in it... suicide.gif

Is your ashtray/lighter underneath a slide, forward of the gear selector? (like mine) In that case it fits... wink.gif

S8/A8 ashtray:

post-2215-137914266029_thumb.gif

Tell you what it's ace for. In my car there is a little shelf at the top of the glovebox which will hold about 15 CD's. Of course as they are facing outwards the glovebox light doesn't illuminate them at night. Flick the torch out of the centre console and voila, choose your CD with ease! laugh.gif

(Of course you do need to be stopped or get a passenger to do this! UHOH7.GIF)

[ QUOTE ]

Is your ashtray/lighter underneath a slide, forward of the gear selector? (like mine) In that case it fits...

[/ QUOTE ]

It'tizz

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell you what it's ace for. In my car there is a little shelf at the top of the glovebox which will hold about 15 CD's. Of course as they are facing outwards the glovebox light doesn't illuminate them at night. Flick the torch out of the centre console and voila, choose your CD with ease!

[/ QUOTE ]

Changers in the boot but I hear'ya

yelrotflmao.gif

Well, in my defense, I've got one AA size mag lite with a cap on the end to hold in my teeth as I climb around under the car, an Energizer "Double-Barrel" Xenon bulb one for much light grin.gif A 2nd Mag lite (Same size only w/out tooth cap) for when someone ELSE needs light, and a small, single AAA Mag lite on my keychain blush.gifgrin.gif

So each one has a purpose at least grin.gif

Of course, I ALSO keep a 5 LED flashlight on my belt suicide.gif

jump.gifbeerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif

Well, in my defense, I've got one AA size mag lite with a cap on the end to hold in my teeth as I climb around under the car, an Energizer "Double-Barrel" Xenon bulb one for much light grin.gif A 2nd Mag lite (Same size only w/out tooth cap) for when someone ELSE needs light, and a small, single AAA Mag lite on my keychain blush.gifgrin.gif

So each one has a purpose at least grin.gif

Of course, I ALSO keep a 5 LED flashlight on my belt suicide.gif

jump.gifbeerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean in your defence? Listern to yourself!! yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

You 2 have just confirmed that neither of you are very well (I knew that Sven was a menace to society). wink.gif

9 o'clock tomorrow morning in my shrink's office or we're sending the men in white coats to collect you both smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Sat in an A8 in the dealer today waiting for my car to be looked at and discovered the following...

Tilt the sun visor down and the vanity mirror is concealed behind a sliding cover just like on my car.

Slide back the cover and there is the mirror, just a normal flat mirror same as normal.

However you can slide that across too, same as the cover, and behind it is a further curved "magnifying" mirror!

Hows that for attention to detail! laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this an option. Not see this on the loaner I have?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Sat in an A8 in the dealer today waiting for my car to be looked at and discovered the following...

Tilt the sun visor down and the vanity mirror is concealed behind a sliding cover just like on my car.

Slide back the cover and there is the mirror, just a normal flat mirror same as normal.

However you can slide that across too, same as the cover, and behind it is a further curved "magnifying" mirror!

Hows that for attention to detail! laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this an option. Not see this on the loaner I have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno. Just noticed it in the A8 in the showroom. It isn't obvious though, you could easily miss it. Go have another look...

[/ QUOTE ]Dunno. Just noticed it in the A8 in the showroom. It isn't obvious though, you could easily miss it. Go have another look...

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do beerchug.gif

Tell you what is really weird. All this keyless entry stuff is very easy to get used to, I keep expecting the front door to my house to just open in the same way grin.gif

Was out last week and it was getting foggy (so cold'ish). Booting the new car out of the thight corners, it felt a bit squirmy. Is this the 4wd shifting the torque between axles? Mine is fwd so would've been understeering a little in the same circ.

The tyres on the loaner are Dun9000 SP's (better than my Perrelli Corsa's?)