Audi RS4 seats - who are the real thieves?

garcon magnifique

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/10703514/The-Audi-seats-being-stolen-to-order.html

A warning to anyone with an RS4 and possibly any RS/S model with supersport seats...

But NINETEEN GRAND to replace the RS4 seats?!

How can that possibly be justifiable?

How can Audi charge that much and be happy to see examples of one of their most iconic cars written off because of it?

Anybody in the know who can bring a bit of sense to this insane story?!

So the article says. But it quotes 20 hours at £132. Do the maths.

Yep, they mention the overall figure too.  The parts have to be freshly made too - which will have a long lead time too I suppose.  So weeks after the insurance approval, for the actual car to be ready to be collected/delivered back to the punter

Poor feckers.

Does it only affect the RS4?  What about the other RS models?

The problem is that whilst the current RS4 uses visually similar buckets, they are not the same as the B7 RS4.  The current ones have electric bolsters, whereas the B7 ones are not.

The B7 RS4 was also available with regular electric Recaros for customer that didn't want the extreme buckets.  Bar being badged 'RS4' instead of 'Recaro', these are identical to those in the B6 B7 S4.  These would be the logical seat to fit into an RS4 that suffered the bucket theft

The problem is that whilst the current RS4 uses visually similar buckets, they are not the same as the B7 RS4.  The current ones have electric bolsters, whereas the B7 ones are not.

The B7 RS4 was also available with regular electric Recaros for customer that didn't want the extreme buckets.  Bar being badged 'RS4' instead of 'Recaro', these are identical to those in the B6 B7 S4.  These would be the logical seat to fit into an RS4 that suffered the bucket theft

For the original owner, they'll want those buckets replaced like-for-like.

For the bod that buys the written off car, any bucket will do if it's a bargain!!!!

Get some tiger seat covers from Halfords, put those over the RS4 seats. Job done.

Hahaha

Pentagon Supaglass, Viper Alarm upgrade and locking bolts to replace the plain factory Audi under-seat bolts are probably a better deterent!

TRF_TRICLE_A_type_Button_Head_Security.j

Seems like the B7 RS4 is a main target, possibly because of apparently piss poor security.

We don't see enough RS4s here (given their cost) for this to seem to be happening.

However, the last 2 series of Honda Integra Type Rs, well... The seats way back then were deep and gorgeous Recaros and cost something like $6000 to replace (I'm not sure if that was the pair or each) in the late 90's early naughties. Unlike the Audi though these apparently could be removed without damaging the car. One of my workmates who'd moved to Sydney had his originals and his replacements nicked within about 4 months. He got rid of the car PDQ after the last break and enter.

I'd just buy a nice little pet Python and leave it on the back seat.

It's only a Corsa, so not quite an RS4, although it has got a 2.0 'red top' turbo engine in it, but erm, I don't think anyone will be nicking it off my nephew any time soon -

Oh ffs, forget it, apparently i'm not allowed the image extension on this community. it's a f*cking jpg for ****s sake.

Edited by Tipex

I'd just buy a nice little pet Python and leave it on the back seat.

That is no deterrent. What you need are some coral snakes, a black mamba or an Aussie brown snake. Or maybe a spitting cobra out of the sunroof, warding off those that come too close?

It'll be a generated cross-link, not a hosted JPG. Nothing to do with TSN in the slightest, it's how Flikr has decided to host their images. See the help. But don't let that stop you blaming TSN :P

3fe93852866d23664c4bcae1f17e43e302e9db98

Edited by Mac
  • Like 1