Citroën Picasso

johannmendelsohn

If it is engine mounts they will need replacing, and it is quite a big job, but is DIY do-able.

Pads are new, but are the discs?

Could be that the pads have picked up rust/debris from the discs or during the fitting process.

Cheap pads will be noisy no matter what, so check what's been fitted if you don't already know, if it's something with an obscure name like 'Eicher' then you're stuck with the noise.

I happen to know from personal experience that driving with Eicher pads is like scraping your nails down a blackboard.

Edited by Tipex

We all have different experiences, don't we, I have a full set of Eicher discs & pads on my 530 & have no issues with them at all.

Even up to a few months ago when I had to do an EMERGENCY speed reduction from over 120 to 45 (on the Autobahn) in VERY quick time (fecking white vans!) and still say they are fine.

Thanks E-bmw! For the rest, do you all drive untorchables?

Although, just to keep a balanced opinion, I did also recommend torching after my good advice........ Or was that the good advice.......... Did I say that or think it?................. I get them confused all the time!

We all have different experiences, don't we, I have a full set of Eicher discs & pads on my 530 & have no issues with them at all.

Even up to a few months ago when I had to do an EMERGENCY speed reduction from over 120 to 45 (on the Autobahn) in VERY quick time (fecking white vans!) and still say they are fine.

I'll never touch them again, they are half the price of anything else and it shows!

I'd put money on it that had you had to do a second emergency speed reduction, you would have been wearing the white van on your bonnet, they fade very quickly, it doesn't even take spirited driving, i've felt them fade just driving down winding country lanes!

So long as you keep it in the back of your mind when driving, you should be alright.

I put mine in myself, and then went to my mechanic thinking i'd done something wrong, he pissed himself laughing at me when I told him what brand i'd used, ECP specials he said!