Fitness Thread - Q2 2014

Soulboy

Anyone interested in taking this on from 1st April till 30th June?

I have put a few pounds on over winter which I need to shed. Was at a wedding yesterday and didn't like the chubby face on the photos!

If there are any other takers, I will post up some specific goals.

It worked well for me a couple of years back.

So come on and jump on board..... Whatever your personal goal. Big or small it doesn't matter.

AND if I achieve my goal, I will donate £100 to a charity I will select on 1st July.

Edited by Soulboy

Hi Soulboy,

I'm still at the gym 3 times a week at the moment ..... pilates class Mondays and Fridays and Body Conditioning on a Wednesday.   I'm not going to lose weight as such but just tone up and actually do some exercise so need to make sure I keep up the momentum and keep going regularly +++

A milestone for me ..... invited for lunch with the only 2 schoolfriends I still keep in regular contact with today, had my body conditioning class booked for 12:30pm and couldn't be in two places at once - normally I would have just cancelled and had lunch, I've got myself into a class for 9:30am instead so I can do both!!!   

Come on Garcon, get your trainers on +++

• Like 2

The thread is still alive.....Good!

It sounds like you are right on it with the fitness bug Chick.

Garcon. The offer still stands for some boxing based fitness?

I started my Q2 on 1st April - but my right hand is damaged currently....So, I tried the Cross Trainer and got very bored. I need an alternative for non-boxing days.

I also fancy something like Yoga or Tai Chi as something completely different. Will have to check out class times.

Food is going OK. Soup is the saviour - tasty, filling and good for you. So have bought a Soup maker, which is nice :beer:

Edited by Soulboy

Soup maker..... Is that like a blender with double the price tag?

I had the same issue with a "smoothy maker" it is a blender with a tap that costs 2 x the price!

Basically it's a kettle and blender in one. But it is great and really quick.

You just lob a load of stuff in with some water and choose chunky or whatever.

It then cooks it up and uses the blender as it goes to get the consistency right and (I assume) know when it's ready.

I have lobbed carrots, potatoes and all sorts in and its still ready in 20 minutes! It really is impressive.

It does smoothies too.

Edited by Soulboy

My target is relatively simple, I've let my self get a bit out of shape but nothing too drastic. I don't know if this is achievable in 2 months but at 182cm am currently 79kg and 18% fat

Want to shift this to 75kg and 10% fat. That means I have to lose 6.5kg of fat and add 2.5kg of muscle.

My regime is very weights based with not enough cardio, but will be shaking that up in shortly. Am a bit of an ectomorph so don't struggle to lose the pounds if I'm regimented, but shit to I struggle with muscle gain!!