expensive numberplates

M8CKN

I've driven an Audi with that plate on, its owned by the Lancaster Group (are they Jardine now?) it was being used by Liverpool Audi at the time. I got invited to the opening of the new dealership as my Sister had ordered a car from them (An A3 when it was first launched, they we're the only ones with an allocation or cars that wasn't a 9 month wait). The dealer is now a Seat dealer I think I presume the plate is still in the group. 

Yes, comments on RS246 suggested Jardine Group.   +++

It does get boring after a while, I used to get stopped regularly for my plate (despite being perfectly legal) before the days of ANPR, but since then it's been fine.

Used to get stopped regularly in the Galaxy when it was new too, as they always assumed I had my fog lights on, I didn't, it was just one of the first cars to have the sidelights in the fog light location.

Some cars led daytime running lights are so blindingly bright!  Some cars (like the DS3) they turn off when the headlights come on.  But some cars (like yours) they are on all the time

Police seem to have given up pulling people over for foglights nowdays - quite possibly because of confusion over which are fogs and daytimes....

Some cars led daytime running lights are so blindingly bright!  Some cars (like the DS3) they turn off when the headlights come on.  But some cars (like yours) they are on all the time

Police seem to have given up pulling people over for foglights nowdays - quite possibly because of confusion over which are fogs and daytimes....

Most of them dim when the main lights come on, some as you say turn off, mine are only 5w bulbs so how they were ever confused as fog lights I#ve no idea, I used to have to tell the Police officer to show me how to turn them off, and when they press the fogs button and the 50W bulbs kick in they get confused.

Working on Mrs fc to get me 843 PKN for Xmas.

On eBay for £2250 ish

With a dealer for around the £1475 mark

Negotiation with the dealer now around the £1100 mark

Should get it for £1000 a day or so before Xmas.

Here's hoping.

Fingers crossed!

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't get the opportunity to take a piccy, but just seen (well, heard it first clearly) a black Lambo with reg PRO5PER.

One of my parents neighbours has a kid called Prosper, quite possibly the w@nkiest most pretentious name I've ever heard, fortunately they only use the house for a couple of weekends in the summer, so we don't have to hear her constantly screeching the name at the top of her voice in that annoying way that only posh people can.