expensive numberplates

M8CKN

I used to fill the tyres of a lovely milf with the plate P1PPA on a Merc SL many years ago that was worth a fair bit.

I once saw a Ferrari 456 with the plate 456GT and the Andy Middlehurst the UK importer / race driver of the GTRs lived around the corner from my parents and had R33GTR on his daily driver at the time, that worked rather well.

Was behind a Cayenne Turbo on the way to work with the dubiously inscribed moniker of "Magnum" just below the model inscription. The numberplate was GT5 2 TUF. It wasn't a GTS so the plate was confusing.

Magnum PI was quite tough though, so maybe that part made sense.

Was behind a Cayenne Turbo on the way to work with the dubiously inscribed moniker of "Magnum" just below the model inscription. The numberplate was GT5 2 TUF. It wasn't a GTS so the plate was confusing.

Magnum PI was quite tough though, so maybe that part made sense.

It's one of those "tuner" cars were they slap a dodgy bodykit on it and a couple of badges and sell it as a "conversion" to the myopic rich.

Question. When you change a reg plate and replace with a personal one, do you get anyone to make up the plate, or do you get the manufacture/dealer to make them so it has the official details along the bottom rather than Showplates, etc.

I think I'm right in saying that legally the plate must show the name and postcode of the company that made up the plates, to show they are licensed to do so.

Name, postcode and British Standard number along with the Euro frippery on the left if you choose.

I saw "1 PK" earlier on a new range rover but in a dodgy looking thicker font.

TS would've approved I'm sure ;)

Why on earth would you trash a stunning number plate like that with a dodgy font?  :headsmash: