M8CKN

expensive numberplates

600 posts in this topic

I saw "1 PK" earlier on a new range rover but in a dodgy looking thicker font.

TS would've approved I'm sure ;)

I used to fill the tyres of a lovely milf with the plate P1PPA on a Merc SL many years ago that was worth a fair bit.

I once saw a Ferrari 456 with the plate 456GT and the Andy Middlehurst the UK importer / race driver of the GTRs lived around the corner from my parents and had R33GTR on his daily driver at the time, that worked rather well.

I used to fill the tyres of a lovely milf with the plate P1PPA on a Merc SL many years ago that was worth a fair bit.

Is that a euphemism?

2 people like this

9 words in and those were the exact words that formed in my head.  You scare me sometimes. :uhoh:

:secret: I was probably about 16/17 at the time and unfortunately it was only her tyres I was filling.  :unsure:  :rolleyes:

1 person likes this

P.S. I remember Andy Middlehurst's R33 GTR well. Quite impressive until Nissan Motorsport turned up to support him at a round of the National Saloon Car Championship in a similar highly modded R33 - with the registration N1SMO.

9 words in and those were the exact words that formed in my head. You scare me sometimes. :uhoh:

Daddy?

1 person likes this

Was behind a Cayenne Turbo on the way to work with the dubiously inscribed moniker of "Magnum" just below the model inscription. The numberplate was GT5 2 TUF. It wasn't a GTS so the plate was confusing.

Magnum PI was quite tough though, so maybe that part made sense.

Was behind a Cayenne Turbo on the way to work with the dubiously inscribed moniker of "Magnum" just below the model inscription. The numberplate was GT5 2 TUF. It wasn't a GTS so the plate was confusing.

Magnum PI was quite tough though, so maybe that part made sense.

It's one of those "tuner" cars were they slap a dodgy bodykit on it and a couple of badges and sell it as a "conversion" to the myopic rich.

Question. When you change a reg plate and replace with a personal one, do you get anyone to make up the plate, or do you get the manufacture/dealer to make them so it has the official details along the bottom rather than Showplates, etc.

I think I'm right in saying that legally the plate must show the name and postcode of the company that made up the plates, to show they are licensed to do so.

Carmad, that's really strange. I saw that plate a few days ago on a Bentley GTC!!

I think I'm right in saying that legally the plate must show the name and postcode of the company that made up the plates, to show they are licensed to do so.

Name, postcode and British Standard number along with the Euro frippery on the left if you choose.

I saw "1 PK" earlier on a new range rover but in a dodgy looking thicker font.

TS would've approved I'm sure ;)

Why on earth would you trash a stunning number plate like that with a dodgy font?  :headsmash:

Carmad, that's really strange. I saw that plate a few days ago on a Bentley GTC!!

The P1ppa one, you might well have done I've not seen it for years. It could still be owned by the same person I guess??

Jumped out at me as it looked “proper”, no dodgy spacing or screws needed +++

Worth more than the car?

post-9630-0-36180000-1400860713_thumb.jp

At my gym down south I regularly see, on an E46 M3 - M3 CNT. I have not seen the bloke in person so can't comment.

1 person likes this

Nice plate for a £250 car!

post-9630-0-92027800-1401427821_thumb.jp

I wonder what these guys do?

78C7EB3B-471B-4726-8E28-C50C72D30976.jpg

Edited by eldavo69

My brother's birthday!

I spotted 3 CRS yesterday on something worth far more than the plate. Coming to a spotted section near you ...

Risky!  Don't ever let the mot run out.....

Nice RS6 :)

post-9630-0-07253900-1401459149_thumb.jp