Gatwick long stay parking recommendations please

cabby

• 2 years later...

Only use an approved car park listed on the Gatwick Airport website, these stories aren't new, it's been going on as long as I can remember.

Most of the fields/farms/barns in the area have been used to store cars at some point and that's if you're lucky, mostly they just dump them on the street somewhere with the key left on top of a back wheel so they don't lose it, or just left unlocked with key in the glovebox.

We usually use Tudor Rose.  Their pricing is quite variable, sometimes they're dirt cheap and sometimes they're far from cheap but we've had zero issues with them and they were fine when we fecked up booking and managed to book one day less than we needed.  A quick call sorted it and they didn't charge us any extra.

• Like 1

Have looked at that. Not that keen as kids will sleep better at home than in a room with us plus not sure the shuttles etc will save us much time compared to travelling from home. However I did look and found some the same price with a hotel and offsite parking company as with the same offsite parking on it's own. Weird.

8 hours ago, Mac said:

I've taken to using hotels for the previous night that include parking. It's just far less stress. 

I don't bother for Gatwick as it's only up the road from us, but that's generally what I do any further afield, I booked the Premier Inn at Stanstead for August because it included parking and worked out cheaper than the car park by itself, also getting an early flight would have meant leaving home at 3am.

Edited by Tipex

We are staying at Gatwick the night before again this year - worked for us in April and just less hassle than getting up at 3am and driving to the airport, would rather get up at 4am and walk over.  We still dont get any sleep!  As we have another early flight we are also able to drop off our suitcases in the evening so just walk to passport control, breakfast and boarding gate +++ 

On 5/6/2014 at 9:22 PM, Chick said:

Oh we'd defo book a local taxi firm, not from the airport.  Just need to get a few recommendations after being let down twice in a row by a firm we had used over several years for pretty much everytime we needed a taxi.   The idea of being stranded at Gatwick with 4 kids at 1am on the return from holibobs would not be my idea of fun!!!

I would offer to come and pick you up, but I really don't want to. 

On 7/12/2016 at 11:12 PM, Scotty said:

Have looked at that. Not that keen as kids will sleep better at home than in a room with us plus not sure the shuttles etc will save us much time compared to travelling from home. However I did look and found some the same price with a hotel and offsite parking company as with the same offsite parking on it's own. Weird.

Can you not make it part of the fun of the trip :) Mind you, H is a bit older now, and is 'in' to hotels. Upside to that is when I have her with me I'm less inclined to stay in cheap shit holes.

With holidays we spend a lot more money so the kids are in a bedroom on their own due to them being young and going to bed early etc. When we've tried sharing the same room they struggle to settle if we're in there, lights on, TV on etc. We've tried going out on balconies but that still doesn't stop the little gits waking everyone up at silly o'clock. Basically room sharing isn't the best thing for us. We did it recently for an overnight stay at a wedding reception and it wasn't good waking up the next morning!

Most of the hotels with parking places are off airport and hence you still have to allow time for the shuttle bus etc. It's simply easier going straight from home. It's only 65-70 mins from home anyway (tempting fate now!!).

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

Most of the hotels with parking places are off airport and hence you still have to allow time for the shuttle bus etc.

I generally find the hotels that offer airport parking as part of the deal use the Airport car parks, they obviously have a deal with them, stay overnight in hotel, drive to normal airport car park, ANPR lets you in, job done.

• 1 month later...