Duxford - Spring Car Show, 5 May

fatcat

A late day out, sorted out only a few days prior.

No air show, just the usual static displays, the day was sunny and with no rain forecast promised to be a cracking day.

While we waited in the queue we were treated to a couple of spitfires flying in formation over the airfield, a few fly pasts and a couple of loop the loops.

It was amazed at how many cars were on display, the numbers run into the many hundreds, the theme was pre 1984 but a great many on show right were from the modern day.

Favourites for me were the cars from the 70's, the usual batch of Mexico's,Dolomites, Triumph Vitesses (my 1st car). Also a great array of muscle cars from the 80's.

All in all a well organised day out at a superb location.

Seeing the olders cars kicked the more modern current day cars into a cocked hat.

• Like 1

We had the Eastbourne Magnificent Motors show over the weekend.

It was a decent couple of hours I suppose walking about in the sunshine, but it was mostly all the other attractions going on than the cars that kept us entertained.

It's the same old cars every year, couple of Cobra repicas, the local branches of the MR2 and MX5 owners club, some Jags including (bizarrely) an utterly bog standard, not very nice colour, X-Type.

Some fast Fords, including an RS2000 and some Capris, a couple of MK1 Golf GTi's, couple of Alfa Spiders, and erm, not much else of interest really, just shed loads of MG's, Stags and various BL crap, none of which interests me at all.