Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AZURES3

Returning to Audi ownership

18 posts in this topic

It's been a while...

Looking at buying a new A4 or A6 and it seems the A6 is a better deal and newer car with much more standard kit, better performance and lower co2. Drivethedeal have large discounts on both and £8000 on the A6!

A4 2.0 Tdi 150 sline saloon manual

A6 2.0 Tdi 190 ultra sline saloon manual.

Anyone have any advice on the 2 cars and the future values etc. believe the new A4is being launched in November.

Thanks

No idea on future values but I do know of a former TSNer who recently walked in to buy an A4 black edition and came out after ordering an A6 black edition for an extra £2k. All in all, 18.5% off the A6 +++

Would a 3 year old A6 be worth less than an A4? I suspect not but someone like Booster may be able to help.

A4 is a few years old now so I'd suspect the A6 would have better residuals.

Surely though you choose an A4 or A6 depending on the size you need though?

For my Mrs the A6 was simply too big. The A4 makes it easier for the smaller spaces on the school run, shopping, general parking etc.

A4 is a few years old now so I'd suspect the A6 would have better residuals.

Surely though you choose an A4 or A6 depending on the size you need though?

For my Mrs the A6 was simply too big. The A4 makes it easier for the smaller spaces on the school run, shopping, general parking etc.

Agreed but A6 has more usable boot and the wife will keep her VW Tiguan as daily drive

a6 tax disc £30 A4 £135 and better mpg in new ultra engine in A6

Edited by AZURES3

Given that the A4 is now a fecking great big barge, you might as well have a proper fecking great big barge and buy the A6.

* Barge is not necessarily negative. I like barges. :)

3 people like this

The A3 saloon looks like older A4 sizes but lack of good discounts and engine choices

I had an A3 saloon as a loaner. Looked nice on the outside but a bit low rent on the inside.

Why have you mentioned the A3?

Wife will no doubt want to test drive this too.

Hello (great to see some familiar names on the thread) So we needed to change the Z4 as the 2 Seater was no longer practical :)

Ideally wanted the A3 saloon but as mentioned above the discounts are minimal. I think we were looking at the 1.8 petrol Quattro S-Line.

So we randomly decided to have a look at the A4 BE in the 2.0TDi Q guise. Not sure how but we looked at / diverted to the A6.

The deal on this was too good and Milo mentions roughly £2k more than the A4 with a lot more kit, the newer ultra engine which is getting some good reviews. Now we have forgone the Quattro hopefully not a move we will regret going forward but I still have mine :)

Running costs seem better on the 6 and yes the car is huge but not that much bigger than my sportback.

One thing to note and watch out is that there is a facelift probably going to be launched later this year with deliveries early next year hence I think the discounts are so good. Saying that an all new A4/5 is due around the same time I think? Poss MY15?

Hey Korky, how's it going??

If you're not precious about having the latest thing then buying just pre facelift makes good financial sense.

Yeah, go for the A6 with a deal on offer like that and if you can live with a pre-face lift model?

1 person likes this

Hey Korky, how's it going??

If you're not precious about having the latest thing then buying just pre facelift makes good financial sense.

Hey Garcon I'm good thanks, long time no see.

Yeah Cruiser not too precious re facelift, it'll no doubt tweak lights, bumpers etc & maybe some equipment but we were happy specing what we needed and going with it. I think build week is next week so not long now.

How are you guys doing?

Edited by Korkster

I hope the Audi delivery goes a bit better than the Qashqai :roflmao:

I had an A3 saloon as a loaner. Looked nice on the outside but a bit low rent on the inside.

Really?

I thought the interior was the main reason to buy an A3 - very minimalist with quality materials.

The saloons do look good - not sure about the hatch, which looks almost exactly the same as the old one.

I have an a6 2.0 tdi multitronic.  I was playing off audi and bmw.  

There is nothing I can fault with the car, but it is boring.  

Get a 5 series...