Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
patently

Dash Cams

96 posts in this topic

The point is that, in my example of 'using the full width of the road' - it's not illegal. Being a bit above an NSL limit may well be, but we all do that anyway.

It isn't illegal - well, subject to the line markings - but if you were to have an accident while 'using the full width of the road' you would be open to dangerous driving...or worse if the outcome warranted it.

I don't understand why you'd care, unless you intend on acting like a pr1ck, in which case, you are exactly the sort of person that deserves to posted all over the net.

Agrees with Tipex. Wonders if I've under-coffeed myself this morning  :o  :blink:  :P

1 person likes this

I only put it in when I know I'm going somewhere I want to record for specific reasons if that makes sense.

Enjoyed that +++

PS - that's one powerful Rover 75 you have there :roflmao:

Oh I love it  :grin: Even for the noise alone. You don't need to be hammering it to enjoy that engine - on roads like that stick it in 5th and crack on  +++

1 person likes this

Twinspark:

If I see you knife someone in the street, I'll report it to the police.  If I see you running out of a bank holding a gun and a huge bag of cash, I'll report it.  If I see you beating seven shades out of your wife, I'll report it.  If I see you driving irresponsibly and dangerously, I'll report it.  That's not called snitching, that's called civic responsibility.  And if I report you, I'll use whatever means I happen to have available, be that my own recollection, a smartphone that I carry around for other purposes, or a dashcam that I installed for other purposes. 

If I see you drop some litter in the street, I won't report that.  If I see you parked briefly on a double yellow in a way that doesn't cause gridlock, I won't report that.  Somewhere between littering and armed robbery, there's a threshold.  Where that threshold lies is up to me, because this is a free country.

And if you think that me installing a dashcam makes me an agent of the State, then you've obviously never been lied to by a police officer.  I have, and if I'm ever stopped by one in the future, I want a recording of what happened, what he said to me, and what I said in reply.  You see, my assumption is that the likelihood will be that my driving was legal and reasonable.  Your assumption (and your experience) seems to be that the wider community will likely think that your driving was neither legal nor reasonable, which is illuminating (to say the least). 

That's my last word on the subject.  Don't bother replying, I won't see it. 

2 people like this

It isn't illegal - well, subject to the line markings - but if you were to have an accident while 'using the full width of the road' you would be open to dangerous driving...or worse if the outcome warranted it.

When watching your video I did wondering why you didn't cross certain white lines as it would have made the road straighter and effectively safer.

It's all down to when you do it of course.

Edited by Scotty
1 person likes this

I don't understand why you'd care, unless you intend on acting like a pr1ck, in which case, you are exactly the sort of person that deserves to posted all over the net.

Oh, that's OK then.

The struggles of the Eastern Bloc countries are obviously for nothing, as it seems spying on fellow citizens is now absolutely OK, so long as 'you've done nothing wrong'.

When watching your video I did wondering why you didn't cross certain white lines as it would have made the road straighter and effectively safer.

It's all down to when you do it of course.

Wasn't in a hurry Scotty, in the slightest :)

The struggles of the Eastern Bloc countries are obviously for nothing

How utterly bizarre.  Do you have voices in your head that aid you in the link between that and a thread about reporting pricks driving illegally?

There's a link between everyone filming everyone else just in case a fellow citizen does something they perceive to be illegal - and the old Eastern Bloc culture of the government paying people to do it.

It's a very fine line and only separated by the current trend for citizens to voluntarily film each other and gather evidence.

The fact that people are so happy to install cameras and film everything has, and there's little argument to support otherwise, prompted the EU to propose compulsory cameras and recording in new cars.

For those who wish to observe everything we do, the willing participation of the population just makes life easier.

Can't you see that the proliferation of voluntary cams is just escalating us down the path to compulsory cams?

It's a slippery slope - soon we won't have a choice. And driving will no longer be something to enjoy.

No I can't. The two have no correlation.

I find the arguments you choose to have on here and the way you conduct them utterly bizarre. You revel in insulting other members. When it is clear you have caused offence, instead of winding your neck in you wind up the ratchet and insult them again. Your reaction when picked up on it by others is that of a five year old's tantrum.

You clearly have no wish to embrace the notion of 'online community'.

If this is how you normally behave you need to seek psychiatric help before you really upset somebody.

If your behaviour is conscious then you're just a very sad little fool.

Either way it's time you left. Your presence here benefits nobody, least of all yourself.

2 people like this

Wasn't in a hurry Scotty, in the slightest :)

Could tell that by the lackadaisical overtakes  :grin:

How utterly bizarre.  Do you have voices in your head that aid you in the link between that and a thread about reporting pricks driving illegally?

He doesn't understand the difference between information gathered by a private individual for use as that individual sees fit, and information gathered by a government for use against its own citizens.  Oddly enough, that is actually an example of the Communist style of thinking that he claims to fear, because it elides the difference between private ownership/control and public ownership/control - a difference which Communism denies the existence of. 

The "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" argument is one that I can't stand, but it applies to information-gathering by governments.  If I hold the information and I can use it and control it, I can choose to use it in order to defend myself against a government agent, if necessary.  That is why the spread of such devices in private hands is actually the complete antithesis of State power.

**** you, then Garcon.

You're probably right.

And this whole topic shows why it's better to leave than to stay.

Don't go TS - you're utterly hysterical  :roflmao:  Bizarrely mad, but quite funny.

...and yeah, **** you Garcon  :roflmao:

If you need to start insulting people I think it just shows a weak mind and a lack of understanding of your own argument. 

1 person likes this

Don't go TS - you're utterly hysterical  :roflmao:  Bizarrely mad, but quite funny.

post-9630-0-81420600-1403955580_thumb.jp

That was a bit strong Garcon, you'll have him thinking everyone is out to get him!

Think of it as advice with TS's own interests in mind.  :)

And of course advice is like opinions. There to be taken or ignored at will.

Aw no, he hasn't gone has he?

Feck.  I was starting to feel quite popular. :roflmao:

If that had been an orange 1 series I would've laughed so hard I might have died.

2 people like this

If that had been an orange 1 series I would've laughed so hard I might have died.

I think most of TSN would be in hospital in that case!

No I can't. The two have no correlation.

I find the arguments you choose to have on here and the way you conduct them utterly bizarre. You revel in insulting other members. When it is clear you have caused offence, instead of winding your neck in you wind up the ratchet and insult them again. Your reaction when picked up on it by others is that of a five year old's tantrum.

You clearly have no wish to embrace the notion of 'online community'.

If this is how you normally behave you need to seek psychiatric help before you really upset somebody.

If your behaviour is conscious then you're just a very sad little fool.

Either way it's time you left. Your presence here benefits nobody, least of all yourself.

TS does indeed have some rather strange views at times; but personally I'm not for forcing people out of a community because their views differ from mine however frustrating I find them (within reason of course).

This place thrives when opinions differ at times and the chat is a little fruity, if we all liked and said the same things it would be a very boring place indeed. +++

5 people like this

I've no desire to see TS or anyone else forced out.  

But compare me to a Communist dictator and I'll give as good as I get  :lol:

This place thrives when opinions differ at times and the chat is a little fruity, if we all liked and said the same things it would be a very boring place indeed. +++

+++ +++