Dension 500s-bt Have i Stuffed it ??? Whoops....................

Swiftys A8

Hi 

Installed A dension Gateway 500s-bt unit a few months ago in my 2005 A8.  was impressed with it for the audio side of things including the bluetooth audio (through bose etc) and like how it all interacts with the MMI.  A doddle to install.  i had 2 x 6 stack cdc in the glove box. so bought the double fibre version to retain both cdc's if possible.

Anyway i had problems from day 1 with the Bluetooth on the phone and on the bluetooth audio not reconnecting when i get back in the car the Bluetooth icon on the mmi has properly only shown up once in all the last 2 months its been installed.  SO............................i decided after trawling the net for a few days............................i would do a firmware update no big drama i thought stick it on a usb,  stick the usb in the Aux usb port and let it rip..........................big mistake................ i plugged the usb in the dension aux box  and the usb flashed and i could see everything was uploading..........i waited and i waited and i waited........ for over 5 mins (dension state less than 2 mins on their site)  so i thought it must be finished turned the ignition off and removed the usb drive.

i now cannot see the dension on the CD Changer  MMi screen it just sits there does nothing, tried removing power to the dension for a day and seeing if it resets, no joy, i then tried redoing the firmware updates again but the unit doesnt appear to be doing anything. ive tried alsorts but with no luck......is their someway to zap it back to life ??   

anybody out there who can help ???   dension tech support are useless...........  

Cheers

Swifty