[Audi A1] Audi A1 servicing

NewNiceMrMe

Well I'm afraid this just gets worse.

Other than paying the fecking £279.......

We got a flat tyre in it coming home.:roflmao:

I give in.  Feck it.  £143 for a new Continental Sport Contact 3 whatever-it-is 17".

Not, I should add, from Audi.:roflmao:

Ouch!! But when you need a tyre, you need a tyre and they know that!! I just hope the punctured one was at least reasonably worn so all you've done is bring forward the inevitable a bit. Then it's really just timing. Man maths :)

Ouch!! But when you need a tyre, you need a tyre and they know that!! I just hope the punctured one was at least reasonably worn so all you've done is bring forward the inevitable a bit. Then it's really just timing. Man maths :)

I reckon it had about 5,000 miles left in it.

I had a puncture on the 5 series within a month.  Irrepairable.  £315.  Chuffing great.

The same happened on the 6 series - within 2 weeks.

Just read this.

Glad I am sitting down!

That is an awful price, for what is essentially 1 bottle of oil, 3 filters and some ink.  Take your own oil next time - see what the price difference is then!  Thieves.

NNMM, are your 2 local Audi dealers part of the same holding group?

It (quite literally) means they use exactly the same oil and filters etc, but instead of the car having to be serviced as per a schedule, i.e. every 12.5k or annually, the car will tell you when it wants a service based on it's own calculations of how it's been driven.

The garage will tell you they've used 'long life oil' instead of the regular stuff, but I can assure you, they only use 'long life' oil regardless of the servicing schedule.

The ruse being, that as the car will probably go longer between services, they think they can get away with charging a bit more under the pretence you are getting 'better' oil.

Edited by Tipex

Hmm.  They've said it was a long life service.  I suspected it wasn't a great deal different from any other 'service'.

I've had a look on a few other forums and the £279 seems to be right, and it seems to shock most owners.

One guy reckons he got it for £240 with the pollen filter change, but he's the only one.

Other owners mention £209-225 for the service without the pollen filter change, but I'm puzzled as to why you'd opt for that.  Or maybe the pollen filter doesn't require changing?  I don't know but we had the full £279 one done.

I feel violated. 

I am sure your BM has it.  And all new metal will have this, hence many marque's offer the Service Package at such a low price - you are only going to see them 3 times max!

I think it depends upon the use of the car and then what the owner wants.  My A6 2.5 TDi was every 10K, at 25K miles a year, was quite a bit.  My A8 is now on long life as I asked them to change it to long-life due to my driving route/style.  Works out at about every 19K (so far) which is much better for me and my bank account.  Not that I use an Audi dealer, but still.