2006 A6 3.2 FSI Quattro SAT NAV / PHONE BLUETOOTH / TV QUERY

neilm

HI Guys, first post here so be nice please..

I have bought the a6 2005 fsi 3.2 quattro today, I think form what I have read (first audi) it is a mmi high system , but when selecting sat nag, it states needs navigation disc, nothing for tv .

I have read lots of threads but nothing specific to this model, and a as a result just wondering the best/cheapest route to resolve
a:sat nav,
b: tv ..

c: Linking into the bluetooth of phone

Will it be costly..

attached hopefully pic of display 

any help greatly appreciated..

cheers

neil

post-87677-0-11629800-1401997229_thumb.j

The tv won't work as it is only receives an analogue signal which is no longer broadcast.

There are lots of websites that will sell you a nav disc including eBay.

You need to pair your phone within one minute of the ignition being switched on (and I think the drivers door must be closed - I had the same system in a 2005 A3).

Ps to clarify. It is a 2005 model..

Boister. Thanks fir reply. Do you know pairing procedure. As nothing in manual.. bar stuff on p127. But not pairing . Do you recall your steps. Is it with mmi or with the inbuilt phone ypu do this......

Phone book takes awhile to download for the first time. Once it does, it is there. You can also add numbers you use regularly to the directory.

If you have a button that looks like a bloke saying something on the steering wheel you can add voice dialling.

Maybe a quick RTFM might help!! :)

cheers fella, appreciate your help, I did have a look and noted that, actually the other half pointed that out too me.

just once it paired , I had no further options than before when I started, so maybe it was just taking time, while it produce the message, reading sim card once connection established , as that was all that I seen happening ? but then that is happening when i turn on usually and goto phone,as I think there must be an old sim card in the in car handset, should I remove that do you think or leave it in.

cheers agin for your help...

hi Cruiser, yeah I have a couple of modules in there , top two shelves in the rack, can't see where you would put a dvd in though.

I was more trying to get the specific version I need based on the shot of my system , inc the mmi update?

hi Cruiser, yeah I have a couple of modules in there , top two shelves in the rack, can't see where you would put a dvd in though.

I was more trying to get the specific version I need based on the shot of my system , inc the mmi update?

Ahhhh,  be careful, VERY careful with the MMI update.  Haven't done it myself on my 8, but I know you need to do it carefully.  Don't think I can emphasise that emough!

Just type A6 Sat Nav DVD into eBay and you'll get loads of originals pop-up for all dates.  I could do with a newer one than 2004.......  :blink: