Festival of Speed

steve2

Sadly not for us, will be in sunny Spain instead.

We've missed the FoS now for the last 3 years, before that we were regulars for the whole three days, making a long weekend of it staying in comfort locally.

Whilst it's still sold on being able to get upclose to the cars, the action and drivers. In reality it's a shadow of its former self and a victim of it's popularity and success.

Too many people, very expensive (for a 3 dayer), quality has gone down, too many poor people let in.

I would consider a day ticket and suffer the crowds for a day, but no longer.

Car Fest South & North is going the same way as well (if you can get a ticket) - glad we saw it in its first year.

Just back from a perfect day at FOS , ie corporate hospitality paid for by someone else :). The best way to do a one dayer in my experience, since there's always a haven from "the poor people" with champagne on tap :-)

It's the noises that never fail to make me smile - red arrows, Vulcan, F1 cars, bikes, cars of all ages. Brilliant +++

And despite the shocking forecast the weather wa actually OK. Only a few light spots of rain, but plenty of sunshine as well +++

The car picking me up and taking me home again after was the icing on the cake :-)

• Like 6