Things that are more exhilarating than racing at Spa

patently

I think they did, yes, which is understandable when headed towards a notorious corner that you've never raced through before, in a pack of cars that are all jostling.  Common sense says to back off so that you go through in one piece, and then pick up the places later when it's safer. 

But that's not my style at the start, I tend to just nail it, steer through the obstacles and hold on for dear life. 

• Like 2

Sunday's race:

Yes, I know I overtook under yellows off the start line.  In  my defence, (a) I didn't see them, I was a bit preoccupied with carving through a pack of cars at the time, (b) neither did half the rest of the grid, and © the circuit had caused it all by managing to repeat the botched starting procedure that led to a confused false start on the Saturday and which - surprise! - had exactly the same effect on the Sunday...

Good fun, but looking back at the wet laps it all looks very slow!

Skip to 18:30 when you get bored, to catch us trying to go three abreast into Les Combes in the wet...

Not even close, that's just falling, even Buzz Lightyear does that, but he does it with style.

I've done Eau Rouge on trackdays, and it's pretty damn good even then, let alone in a proper race, let alone flat, let alone overtaking!

Edited by Tipex
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...