Here we go again. (Carless in Chadwell Heath)

SneakyMcC

[ QUOTE ]

However i have a slight dilemma at the moment, it is relatively behaving itself, the immobiliser isnt cutting in so much. smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It'll start playing up when you least want it too, you know that. Plus you entered a contract with the stealer, that for a fee (that they set), they'd fix your car. You are not asking for anything you have'nt paid for. What would happen if you ever refused to pay a bill when you went to collect the car from the stealer, they say you were in breach of contract.

You want me to call'em? I will send them a nice fax if you want?

Ours has done 70K, but that has nowt to do with it?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geez, how friggin difficult can it be? confused.gif What do we have: key + barrel + immobilizer? The barrel has been replaced, the symptoms occur with both keys, so...

Wiring loom seems a long shot, unless it's been scraped open somewhere...?

George, what was the final part they replaced on your car last time?

Etka isn't really clear on this, they speak of a "control unit" (see attachment), but that must be it I guess (?) Costs about €85,-.

post-2215-137914268189_thumb.gif

Loom seems very unlikely to me, I am thinking now about the possibility of bypassing the standard immobiliser system, my car has a touch key Thatcham approved immobiliser anyway.

they want around £200 to supply and fit the loom, that perhaps includes a bit of fault finding/guessing yesterday.

Yeah, I was thinking about that too, at least to see how that works out... (bypassing)

I vaguely remember reading something about that being possible with Vag Com, but I'm not 100% on that.

BTW, are you sure the two (?) immobilizers aren't interfering perhaps? confused.gif

If you want, why not agree a fixed price with the dealer? As in "you fix this problem - whatever the cause - and I pay (maximum) XXX". It'd be worth it IF this nuisance is finally fixed no?

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah sounds good to me what do you reckon £5, maybe £6 at a push

[/ QUOTE ]

jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]George, what was the final part they replaced on your car last time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignit barrel. The sensor is a plassy ring the is very loosely fiited right at the opening of the key slot (must be visable from in side cabin). Has a female 1/2 of 2 pin plug socket in it. I have the old unit. Has the tumblers in it and everything, hence the expence!

The sensor is on the barrel. Fits almost like a beer bottle cap to the key end. But the cap has a v big hole in it to put the key through. Look at the key slot (look passed the steering wheel dismantling nowt). If you can see the actual key slot, then a black circle of plassy, the the trim around the steering colomn. The black circle of plassy is actually the sensor! I will check this when I get home....

beerchug.gif

Come on Sven, where's our picture mad.gif ( wink.gif)

[ QUOTE ]

The sensor is on the barrel. Fits almost like a beer bottle cap to the key end. But the cap has a v big hole in it to put the key through. Look at the key slot (look passed the steering wheel dismantling nowt). If you can see the actual key slot, then a black circle of plassy, the the trim around the steering colomn. The black circle of plassy is actually the sensor! I will check this when I get home....

beerchug.gif

Come on Sven, where's our picture mad.gif ( wink.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

post-2854-137914268367_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hows your car Sneaky?

I trust you havent had any more problems.

Am still in discussion about mine with Audi UK and Northampton Audi.

I have asked them to wait for a while as at present it is perfect and has been for a few days. The only thing I have done different is go for a long drive at the weekend, now if it is a battery related issue that would tie in with it getting bad after it had been standing for 8 weeks, but they dont think that this could have had an effect.

Good to hear things have improved. The prob may come back after the warranty period so make sure you say what you have to say to them in writing.

Mine feels like a knackered pile of dung.gif now. The fact that we got used to the new one, plus ours was left standing for a month has done us no good. frown.gif

I'll have to get out there and do some more private jobs, that way I can buy a later model grin.gif

It's not really that bad but seems we picked up some groans and rattles whilst its been laid up!

Hi Guys,

Would just like to add a point in terms of your legal rights were any work is carried out. You are covered by your statutory rights for upto SIX years. This is dependant on the circumstances, but in the situation were spark plugs are failing after 13 months, just outside a warranty period this is a breach of your statutory rights cos what they are saying in effect is that you shold be expected to buy spark plugs every 13 months which is a breach of your statutory rights.

In the case on paying over £600 for the ignition sensor issue just have have the same fault develop again, I would consult your local trading standards, won't cost anything.

I've currently got the local trading standards onto my local Vauxhall Dealer for a 3.0V6 engine I put into a vectra GSI. 1st engine cracked cyl head around valve port engine was replaced. 2nd engine likes oil, in fact has quite an appetite for it. Vauxhall and the dealer are trying to wash their hands of it.(with a month left of the warranty !)

I'm trying to get it sorted so I can sell the car and buy an S8