patently

I'm confused

35 posts in this topic

Electrical gremlins aplenty.

One thing is for sure: If you have ever had an issue with a bmw malfunctioning you can guarantee it will be fixed. Get a problem with a Rangey and you are in the hands of the gods. It could never be fixed.

Hmm.  Well it won't be something we'll do until mid-2015 at the earliest, but I'll bear that in mind.  Pricing isn't in the realm of cars you'd expect to get any problems with, so that's very disappointing to hear.

Does this mean you have permission to buy?

Now she has her new wheels, you can get something too!  Maybe she doesn't like having different marques on the drive - looks..........  wrong in her eyes, :grin:.

So, get the V10, private plate it and no-one (apart from us car folk) will know it's an old'un!

OR

There is always the flawed S6, the big S8 (both V10s) or an AMG of somesort.  The previous gens always made more sound!  :grin:

Eitherway, go and test drive stuff to test her reaction.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201410218383806/sort/default/make/bmw/body-type/saloon/model/m5/page/1/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/radius/1500/maximum-age/up_to_6_years_old/postcode/pe29sh/engine-size-cars/5lplus/quicksearch/true/usedcars?logcode=p

I can check this one out for you - please!!!!!  (not far from work!).  Mrme - don't look at the last picture - just don't!!  OK, sit down first.

VERY unusual colour choice here - should be a good deal in the offing if you like it!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201408296967929/sort/default/page/8/body-type/saloon/radius/1500/model/m5/postcode/pe29sh/usedcars/make/bmw/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew?logcode=p

1 person likes this

What a terrible colour/interior/trim combo :(

What a terrible colour/interior/trim combo :(

Really like the exterior, but....

Electrical gremlins aplenty.

... Get a problem with a Rangey and you are in the hands of the gods. It could never be fixed.

Got mine back on Tuesday after two weeks in the workshop.

1 person likes this

Got mine back on Tuesday after two weeks in the workshop.

Is it fixed, or did they just give up?

2 people like this

I went into TOPIx, downloaded the fix instructions and sent it to the workshop  :)

First week they were to busy to look at at it, then they ordered the wrong parts (£100 for a camera), the fix took about 20mins then had to wait another 24hr for a truck to deliver the car back to me. 

1 person likes this

Buy one with the competition Pack and wire open the exhaust Valves, it sounds great. I have done this on my M6 GC CP. ;)  

I like your style +++