I just bought a 2015 model A7 Quattro Black Edition

avantissimo

I've just bought a new factory build A7 Back Edition 272PS Quattro - Daytona Grey (trading in my 3.0 TDI Quattro Black Edition A6 Avant). Very happy! Will be here in March 2015... a while to wait yet.

Gone for the tech pack (you can't buy the HHD nav on its own any more as it comes with the HUD as well in the new tech pack)  lighting pack and folding mirrors. Its already very well specified anyway so happy with the aditions.

Then I went on the Audi UK website browsing at what I just bought and noticed that the seat storage nets at the back of the seats were showing as a £110 option. When you click on it it says its free so long as you buy the convenience pack (which confusingly is not even on the online configurator). Oh and then there is an option for a folding sun blind which has a price but when you click on it, it is also free with the convenience pack (£565 option).

I checked the brochure - no mention of the sun blind and no mention of the seat netting. I rang the dealer - they have no idea either.

He went and checked their 2015 demo car shipped by Audi UK (the one I test drove) and it has the seat nets, but no mention of any options on the spec sheet. Also other strange things like the car has the HHD sat nav, but not the HUD - which according to the brochure you can't buy on its own - has to be the tech pack. How can this be?

HELP - what a bewildering array of options that seemingly never match between the website and the brochure. Don't even look at the same car in other countries websites where there is no mention of S-Line or Black edition in the US or the Netherlands. Why can't they just list out the options one by one and let you tick what you want or don't want instead of this 'pack' nonsense?

So I said to the dealer all I want is the back of front seats storage nets. Its a simple question - are they included FOC as std spec or do I have to buy them? If I buy them are they £110 or do I have to shell out £565 along with a load of other guff I don't need. They are waiting on Audi UK to come back to them.

If anyone has got any information that would be great, especially if there are any of you folks form the dealer network on here? Thanks!

Other than this lack of info problem - the car looks amazing on the 21" rotors and Daytona is just simply one of the best colours available IMHO.

Edited by avantissimo

Hi, yes the new 2015 model! It looks fantastic.

The website has been updated for the new model and so has the brochure but there is some funny stuff going on with the options on website.

Sometimes the enthusiasts on here work for the dealer network so can often provide some insight.