Australian V8 Supercars shoots itself in the foot (and head)

Rachel

That last line is something I never though I'd see in 'print'!  :o

I'd have thought allowing the top bods to participate in the BH-12 hr would allow some underlings to show themselves and their talents?

I have watched some of the V8SC on the 71 Motors channel over here on Freeview.  Seemed OK, but I have no interest in any one driver.  However, they mute the sound too much, so you only hear the fuel pump whine from inside the car, not the exhaust howl. :(

Motors TV is funking stupid channel.

It works fine on Sky, and it is on freeview/sat too, but very few freeview/sat boxes can actually display the channel.

On my LG TV, I can hear it, but not see it, the Panasonic won't show it at all, and on the BT vision/YouView box you get nothing.

I did a bit of research on't net, and it seems they broadcast in a standard most TV's or boxes do not support.

What's the point of that?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to drag up the Motors TV thing again, it seems to have been kind of fixed.

At least on the BT TV box anyway, channel 240, and it brings up a text page, which tells you to press the red button when the logo appears, and then the channel works as you'd expect, it is delivered via the Internet connection rather than over the air.

Which means if you have a Freeview box or TV that doesn't have have an Internet connection, you still probably won't get it.