Outlook question - is this possible?

bazza_g

Not sure if I've asked this before but I need some functionality in Outlook and I'm not sure if it can be added by means or a rule or similar?

When an email is sent I need the To, CC, BCC fields checked and if the emailed addresses contain either @any_domain.com , or @my_company_com and @any_domain.com , where @any_domain.com is the same domain (ie same company or same company plus my company) then it sends the email.

If the @any_domain.com addresses are not all the same (ie different companies but excluding my own company domain) then the email is not sent and the user is alerted.

As you might have guessed we have had several instances of emails with multiple recipients intended for one company being accidentally sent to the wrong person(s) - at least with this check you can make sure the email is only going to one company, or one company and your own company.

The idea came from the old PGP desktop I had that integrated to Outlook - it checked the addressee list and if a certain string was in the subject field it would not send the email unless I had the public keys of *all*  the email recipients in my keyring.

Any ideas?

Only other way is to write an SMTP plugin I imagine - IIS/SMTP relay with code on top. Maybe Mimesweeper if you're after a commercial product. Think you have your handful with that request.

Ps. 50-60k + tips* I could do it for you :P

*Gail Porter, Kelly Brook, Crack.

• Like 1

Only other way is to write an SMTP plugin I imagine - IIS/SMTP relay with code on top. Maybe Mimesweeper if you're after a commercial product. Think you have your handful with that request.

Ps. 50-60k + tips* I could do it for you :P

*Gail Porter, Kelly Brook, Crack.

Er have you seen the state of Gail Porter nowdays?!  Hasn't aged well!   :o

• 2 years later...