Audi RS3 Press Release

Ian_C

Stunning cars are like stunning women dress them in what you like and they still look great, but it doesn't mean you would want them wearing that dowdy outfit all the time. 

No it has to be sussies and skimpy knickers when at home only, nothing else will do. :coffee:

• Like 1

You have to be careful, though.  I did that at a Porsche dealership once :unsure:

Ha!

I took my E46 M3 Coupe, at 9 months old, in for its first service....and came out having ordered an E46 M3 Convertible.

You would think that would have taught me?

9 months later I took the Convertible in for a service.....and bought a new 645Ci Convertible.:roflmao:

Fortunately, that stayed for 6 years.

You have to be careful, though.  I did that at a Porsche dealership once :unsure:

Yeah, that's what stops me from doing the same!

I like my kidneys where they are - in me and NOT in someone else!

The Porsche in grey.  Nah.  Same thoughts as for the RS3 in grey - Nah.

Hopefully you can negotiate one of the individual colours into the price.  Along with 'forever shiny' pipes!

I think we need to call in our colour Guru

Calling SK......!

I'm confused, he hasn't bought one, has he?

You're right - was reading after a long day and missed the opening part of the thread that he just had a drive of one.  Reading the rest of the post I assumed Ian had bought one

• 2 months later...

I guess that makes it somewhat more of a BFB bargain +++

Unfortunately having passed the MLC stage, I cant really think of or justify any good reason for needing such power figures from a car on the road?

License loser these days, pure and simple that Big Bro is pretty much watching you 24/7 365 on the road these days and penalties are getting progressively stiffer and more punitive

The way things are going be chopping in the coxster for an UP!

If only they did one with a Golf R lump shoe horned into it :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

What is this obsession with power?

The thrill of a car isn't power alone.  It is how is handles, the feedback it gives, the noise, how it makes you feel, et al.

I get completely lost by figures about x amount of bhp and 0-62 mph figures.  They mean nothing except to boy racers and people who think it is all about headline figures.

Drive a car.  I mean DRIVE a car.  Get out there, find the one that pleases you most and makes you feel as it is special, and ignore all the figures.

The MX-5 is a classic example of one such car (first generation).  My M3's were wonderful cars and offered hoards of feedback - but the MX-5 gave me more enjoyment than them.

I really cannot fathom orgasms over a chart.

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

The thrill of a car isn't power alone.  It is how is handles, the feedback it gives, the noise, how it makes you feel, et al.

THIS.

One of the most fun moments I've had driving recently was towards the end of the Motorspunk day at Blyton, when I nicked the Caterham 160 that TDK had blagged.  Almost no power, twinned with almost no weight and almost no grip.  Simply amazing fun, after a couple of laps I was sideways around pretty well every corner and grinning like a maniac.

Sorry, remind me why you bought a Z4 again... :roflmao::P

A mistake, a very bad mistake.

Had the handling been more supple, it'd have been a superb car.  The power was there, and if anything your mentioning of it proves the very point I was making.

It was a completely compromised car.  Feedback was there though - just a shitload too much through the base of the seat. :roflmao:

Plus, skipping 4-6 feet every time you hit a hole or a rut wasn't my idea of fun!

• Like 1